Notices

Celebrity Cruises - Deep Caribbean

Old Jul 21st, 1998, 01:53 PM
Mary

Celebrity Cruises - Deep Caribbean

Has anyone experienced Celebrity's Deep Caribbean Cruise? I am planning a cruise in April on the Galaxy (my first cruise) and would welcome any information and/or tips/opinions on cruising and the Celebrity cruise-line. Thanks for your help!

Old Sep 20th, 1998, 08:48 PM
Elaine

Hi, Mary,
We cruised the Deep Carib. in Feb., 97 on the Horizon, another Celebrity ship. Boy, did you pick a good cruise line for your first cruise ever! The itinerary is nice, too. Whether you love the islands or not, Celebrity's ships are such wonderful places to call home for a week or so. The food is soooo good, and the service spoils you for life back on land. It's a classy cruise experience, one you'll want to have again and again. Get excited; you won't be disappointed!

Old Sep 21st, 1998, 08:23 PM
Tracy

My husband and I went on our first cruise with celebrity.. the ship was the Century. EXCELLENT service, food, !! Ship was spotless, rooms were large. Bring your onw pillows.. the pillows in the rooms were HARD! WE swam with the stingrays in the caymens, climbed water falls in Jamaica and traded cheep sun glasses for in credible wood carvings! Swam with dolphins in xcart! Was an outstanding trip!Tracy

Old Jan 4th, 1999, 07:03 PM
bill

We took the Deep Caribbean trip a few years ago on Horizon.

Quite enjoyable. Spotless ship.

Food as advertised. Top notch.

Shore excursions are so-so. We did better on our own.

Crew friendly and helpful.

Old Jan 9th, 1999, 11:16 AM
Dot

From Royal Caribbean to Celebrity-Galaxy!
We were booked this Feb. 22 for the Monarch - Southern route. I don't know if anyone has heard, but this ship is out of commission until March - we were notified by our travel agent that the ship hit some rocks when it was airlifting someone from the ship...so we were asked if our party of 6 couples wanted to change to Sat departure on the Celebrity-Galaxy - almost the same route. She said that RC would pick up the extra difference in price for this trip (I guess Celebrity is more money)-does anyone have anything good/bad to tell me regarding this ship - we've all said that we wanted to try it - we're ready for some warm weather. Would appreciate anyone's comments.