COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Cayman Hotels

Old Sep 6th, 2001, 05:07 AM
Lisa

Cayman Hotels

Please advise experience and thoughts on Hyatt v. Marriott v. Westin on Grand Cayman.

Thanks

Old Sep 6th, 2001, 05:44 AM
juli

Lisa:

I have stayed at The Hyatt and although unlike the westin and Marriott it is nor right on the beach unless you get a beachfront suite. I did not mind going across the street to the beach. We opted for the continental breakfast and snacks seved in The Regency Club, over a beach front suite. And I think we made the right choice. It is a beautiful hotel and the staff is great. It is cheaper then the Westin and I think a nicer hotel. While in GC I checked out the hotel and liked the Hyatt better. Some of the positive aspects are there is a pool on both sides of the street and the one on the golf club side tended to be less crowded and quieter. You have Red Sail Sports right on the beach where you can do every kind of watersports imaginable. Red sail is on the pricey side but its so convinient to have it right on your beach. The ferry to Rum Point leaves right from there dock.

As for the Marriott, I heard there beach was rocky and not as nice, even though they are right on the beach as well.
I really enjoyed staying at The Hyatt and I am sure there are people out there who have a different opinion. I liked it enough to spend the extra money to stay there again in Feb.
Have a great trip, you will love it.
E-mail any other questions you might have
JK

Old Sep 7th, 2001, 10:36 AM
Rick

The Marriott's beach has washed away and it is in the thick of where the cruise ship people walk. The Hyatt's beach is very small and crowded and also within the cruise ship walker zone. The Westin is farther up the beach, has a big beach, and is nice. I would stay there.

Old Sep 7th, 2001, 10:51 AM
Cheryl

No doubt ... stay at the Westin. The beach there is much nicer and larger than at the Hyatt. The Hyatt had beach chairs lined up in rows very close together on the beach and that it how they have to stay. You are literally elbow-to-elbow with the person next to you. The beach chairs available at the Westin can be placed however you like on their beach which did not appear nearly as cramped as the Hyatt's.

Old Sep 7th, 2001, 03:01 PM
Sandy

Lisa,
Westin would be my choice!!
Sandy