Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Cayman Condo Recommendations (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/cayman-condo-recommendations-326549/)

DanSeman Jun 11th, 2003 06:09 PM

Cayman Condo Recommendations

My wife and I and our 3 kids (!) ages 23, 21, and 20 are planning on an end of July 1 week vacation in Grand Cayman. We are considering CoralStone (with pool closed down), Anchorage, Tarquynn Manor, Harbor Heights, Beachcomber, and Casa Caribe. Looking for 3 BR Oceanfront. Any experiences and/or opinions? Thanks

DanSeman Jun 11th, 2003 06:22 PM

Lacovia comes highly recommended also. Include it imn my list above.

klairsey Jun 11th, 2003 07:18 PM

My friend and her family are planning their second stay at the Beachcomber.

PCircles Jun 12th, 2003 09:05 AM

Try www.victoriahouse.com.

We stayed there last year and found it lovely. Not luxurious, but there are plenty of couples and families.

DanSeman Jun 13th, 2003 02:50 AM

Has anyone else stayed at Victoria House?

cayman420 Jun 13th, 2003 08:46 AM

I have heard great things about aqua bay but, have not stayed there. One of my favorites on the island is Plantana. I'm sure your children will want to be close to the action for the nightlife. Plantana is close to West bay but, they could walk the beach to the Westin and cemetary reef. The beach is awesome by plantana. Good luck!

freewoman Jun 13th, 2003 11:33 PM

My friends always stay at Aqua Bay Club and I have visited them there. They love it and the condos are really nice. Great beach and right off cemetery reef if you like to snorkel.

crazyaboutcayman Jun 15th, 2003 06:39 AM

My hubby and I stayed at Aqua Bay Club for 7 nights last August. Loved it! We are returning this August and are staying at ABC again, this time for 10 nights. Please check their website aquabayclub.com for more info. They are running awesome summer rate specials. Check it out and whatever you decide to do you'll have a great time there!

Catmomma Jun 15th, 2003 10:56 AM

I've stayed Victoria House twice, and it was great.

my99999 Jun 15th, 2003 12:59 PM

I highly recommend Casa Caribe - the three bedroom oceanfront units are beautiful and have tons of room. Friends of ours rented one last Christmas and loved it there - we have a two bedroom reserved for this winter. You will not be disappointed!

JudyL Jun 16th, 2003 10:56 AM

My husband and I just came back from our first visit to Cayman. We stayed at Aqua Bay Club for 7 nights. It was wonderful. Beautiful and clean and the view is awesome.

Divegirl Jun 16th, 2003 11:38 AM

how about villas of the galleon?

DanSeman Jun 16th, 2003 04:10 PM

Thanks to all of you for your help. We have selected Victoria House. Hope to let you know about a fantastic experience.

edpats Jun 16th, 2003 05:40 PM

I've stayed at the Christopher Columbus 4 times and the Anchorage once. They are next door to each other. Anchorage is a bit cheaper, less crowded. And I really enjoyed the screened in porches.

cayman420 Jun 18th, 2003 04:21 PM

danseman,
you will be happy with victoria house, make sure to rent a jeep so you can get around!
check out the reef grill at night, lots of fun, casanova, crow's nest..you really cant go wrong with the places to eat!!! Tell Trish @ the bed that Kim said hello, she is the owner!!!