Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Cayman Condo Info Needed (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/cayman-condo-info-needed-54651/)

Susan Oct 10th, 1999 07:22 AM

Cayman Condo Info Needed

Need Info on condos in the Caymans. Looking for on the beach, nice but still affordable. Any suggestions?

jeff Oct 10th, 1999 12:37 PM

What price range are you looking in per night? I have some suggestions, but need to know what you're thinking of spending.

Pierre Nov 2nd, 1999 01:49 PM

Check out the new Turtle Nest Inn. A really neat and intimate inn. Excellent accommodations, charming hosts, good service, beach, pool & snorkeling. All units have kitchens, and the value is unbeatable! Much more of a real island experience than 7-mile beach.

jo horstmann Nov 3rd, 1999 07:04 PM

I would like to know the price on condo that are affordable and some of their features

Pierre Nov 4th, 1999 10:55 AM

Dear Jo: <BR>When we were recently at Turtle Nest Inn, we paid US $900 a week for a 1-bedroom condo facing the sea. It had a fully equipped kitchen, big bed in the bedroom, pull-out couch in the LR, 2 balconies, really nice & colourful furniture, air-conditioning, cable TV, video player, and the price included daily maid service. They're on the Web at www.turtlenestinn.com <BR> <BR>

Lori Dec 25th, 1999 07:26 AM

A few years back we stayed at Island Beachcomber, on 7 mile beach, with a pool. It was the least expensive listed. It was 70ish somewhat in decor but affordable and clean. Prime beach location.

Jenny Feb 24th, 2000 05:41 PM

I am also looking for a condo in the Caymans and saw the web page for Turtle Nest. I was wondering what there was to do in the town it's in. I know that George Town has lots of stuff, but I didn't know what this place had near it.

Lana Feb 25th, 2000 06:53 AM

We used caymanvactions.com to book our condo. They are local and we were very pleased with our Condo. They have lots of choices and prices on their web site. <BR> <BR>The Turtle Nest Inn is at the other end of the island. Their web site willgive you driving information. It is a very good web site too. <BR> <BR>George town is shopping, eating and banks. There are a lot of cruise ships that stop there in the winter and it is crowed unitl they pull out. A lot of shopping has developed in the strip centers across from 7 mile beach. <BR> <BR>George town is the only town really. <BR> <BR>7 mile beach is protected from the large ocean and is very safe swimming. I do not have experience with the beaches on the "outside" but just looking at the ocean from the resturants (The Edge and Portofinos) I do not think you would be able to snorkle right off the beaches. <BR>Part of the reason the water is so clear on the 7 mile beach is the calm protected waters. If the wind blows at the right angle sometimes there are large waves at 7 mile beach too but of the last 7 trips there I only experienced 1 day I would not get in the water. <BR> <BR>Also, another post mentioned high rises and wall to wall hotels on the 7 mile beach. I just have never had that feeling. All the hotels and condos on the beach are well off the beach and are very pretty and add landscaping. The only part of the beach that has a real cramped feeling the the Hyatt beach front. <BR>E mail me if you need any other information. I brought back a few Mag. from the Hotels. <BR> <BR>Lana

Dee Feb 26th, 2000 05:28 PM

You can snorkle off the beach. The beach in front of the governers house has a nice reef and so does the beach at the cemetery. There are others but those are the two I've gone to. <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>