Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page > Cat Island (Fernandez Bay Village) Trip Report
Notices

Cat Island (Fernandez Bay Village) Trip Report

Jun 24th, 2016, 05:23 PM
Original Poster

Cat Island (Fernandez Bay Village) Trip Report

I've written about my latest adventures on my blog: https://sabrecalypso.wordpress.com/2...-no-big-dents/
Jun 25th, 2016, 02:00 PM

Spectacular trip report. I think Cat Island is still one of my favorites for all the reasons you mentioned about Out Islands in general. The challenges are worth every mishap along the way. I still have such fond memories of a Sunday morning heading up to North Beach. Along the way seeing everyone in their Sunday best and hats, too, of course. But, the older gentleman in his slacks, starched short-sleeved shirt and a nice hat is an image that stays with me reminding me of the laid-back, mannerly style of the Bahamians. sigh.....

"Improbablue" -- yes, you have to see it to believe it. Can't explain it, doesn't completely translate in photos even as striking as they can be.

You were a recruiter many moons ago taking us to the Out Islands. We continue to return again and again because being in the tribe, we get it.
Jun 27th, 2016, 10:30 AM

Nice trip report. Thanks for posting. Brings back lots of memories. Love Cat island particularly Shanna's cove beach/resort. We stayed in a private house near the resort and explored the rest of the island by car. Agree with you completely of the out islands loyal tribe and folks who get it despite the minor mishaps etc.
Jul 7th, 2016, 04:58 AM

Really good report on cat island, i havent been there but with your report (and some google images ) i can really get the feel and atmosphere of the place, and its just really good haha.

Search this Thread