Casa del Mar or Natura Park

Feb 19th, 2002, 06:00 PM
Cale

Casa del Mar or Natura Park

We are planning a trip in June with our daughters ages 17 and 19 and would like to hear from anyone who has stayed at Natura Park or Casa del Mar or both. Thanks.

Feb 20th, 2002, 05:07 AM
Parrot Mom

Just arrived home from our SECOND visit to Casa del Mar in La Romana. Please write to me off the forum for a new review (which I'm in the middle of writing) and pictures.

Feb 20th, 2002, 08:34 AM
mike

Parrot Mom,
I've seen comments from your last Casa del Mar visit. Sounds like a great place. Do you know what golf opportunities there may be from Casa del Mar? Had been looking at Bavaro Palace or Paradisus over in Punta Cana to get golf, but my wife doesn't like what she's read about the beach -- specifically that since it faces east and the Atlantic, it's pretty rough. Saw from your comments that CdM has calm water, so she may find that a plus.
Thanks in advance.

Feb 20th, 2002, 09:47 AM
Parrot Mom

Just changed my e-mail address Mike and Cale....will take a day for e-mail to be forwarded...but I would like to talk to you both off the forum. The water at CDM is the best I have been in in the D.R. and that includes Puerta Platta and Punta Cana..white sand, turq. water (I think you can go as far as your neck), very calm water and warm as a bathtub. My husband just took "Movies" of the beach area and our new pictures are not up yet. As for golf..one of the finest golf courses is at Casa de Campo, The Leg of the Dog..I'm sure you can make arrangements to taxi over.

Feb 23rd, 2002, 08:34 AM
Kelly

I've been to both resorts, and would be glad to answer any specific questions. Ask away!

Feb 28th, 2002, 12:41 PM
Ron

My wife and I spent a week at Casa del Mar in December and had a great time. Beautiful pool and beach, with mostly offshore wind so the ocean water is always calm and clear. Check out the reviews at debbiesdominicantravel.com.

Feb 28th, 2002, 04:35 PM
Cale

Kelly
Would like specific info on the beaches at both resorts. Also, could you tell about the different types of food at each resort. The proximatey of Bayahibe to Casa del Mar is appealing. Is there anything like this close to Natura Park? How are the rooms? You can e-mail me if you like. Thanks for your help.

Mar 1st, 2002, 05:02 AM
Parrot Mom

First, the CDM is a fairly compact resort..not sprawled out. There is a seafood restaurant, Saona..Italian, Asian and the Bayahibe. With the exception of the Italian restaurant, everything is located in one central area. For lunch we would go to the Saona area where during the day they have piazza, chicken, hot dogs, salads, hamburgers, soup, occasionally we would go up to the Bayahibe where there was a pasta station. If your looking for a convenient location I would highly recommend Building #3. We had requested the third floor in Building #3 with a king sized bed..no problem..I have pictures now of our latest visit now available.

Mar 1st, 2002, 04:08 PM
Kelly

The beach at Casa del Mar is by far the better of the two. Even if you don't bring snorkling equipment, you could probably see the fish. However, with epuipment,youcould spend the entire day in the water observing the beautiful fish. The beach, also, is clean, and there are a lot of activities. If you want to ignore them, no problem....but the kids would probably find a lot to do because the staff is so accommodating. The rooms are about the same. Both are sparce, caribean, and clean. In Casa del Mar, make sure your room does not face the pool. The disco is open until 1:00 a.m., and it will keep you awake if you're not night people. After a night of listening to the disco, we changed to a room facing the oposite direction. It was perfect! Between the two, although I really did love Natura Park, I would go back to Casa del Mar. Natura Park is quiet, beautiful, and a place for rest and relaxation. The food at Casa del Mar is good, at best, but I would recommend every one of the restaurants.
They were all teriffic. Once you get a reservation at one, chances are that they will tell you that you can come back without a reservation. (Of course, we did leave a tip at each.)
I would say to opt for Casa del Mar, and you and your kids will love it.
Best of luck to all of you, and enjoy!
K
Kelly