Reload this Page >

Carribean shore excursions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 04:27 PM
Alice

How does one best spend one day each in Barbados, St. Kitts, St Lucia and St. Maarten on cruise shore days. We are two senior woman not interested in scuba or long uphill hikes. Where are the prettiest beaches, gardens, plantations and good spots for lunch and scenery!?

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 05:09 PM
Gail

On St. Lucia we took the seven hour land/sea tour. Saw most of the islands. The botanical gardens were beautiful. In Barbados we took a taxi to the beach.Also took a taxi to Orient Beach in St. Maarten. It's a beautiful beach and it's much less expensive to take a taxi on your own than to take the ship's excursion.

Old Jan 4th, 2002, 05:51 AM
mary

While in St. Lucia, you may want to grab a taxi and go to the Caribelle Batik Factory and Vincent Eudovic wood carving shop. Not far from port. Depending on how long you have there, take the Brig Unicorn sunset cruise, also located near port. It's about two hours in the evening and a wonderful experience. My elderly parents loved it. I'm pretty sure there are plantations in the north part of the island - just not sure where. My only concern is that you may not have enough time to visit the south. If so, the botanical gardens are located here, as are the two pitons (mountains).

Old Jan 4th, 2002, 09:20 AM
Penney

We had almost the exact same stops on our cruise.<BR><BR>Barbados - we hit the beach! <BR>St. Kitts - Turtle Beach is really neat. Nevis is literally right there in the distance, there are wild monkeys that you can feed, good snorklng and a spot for lunch. The town in St. Kitts is also adorable for walking around but worth maybe driving around a bit as the counrty side there is really beautiful.<BR><BR>St. Lucia - do to the Pitons! Amazing! Also, Marigot Bay

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 02:01 PM
Wendy

A trip to St. Lucia is totally wasted if you do not see the Pitons. Castries, the port is just one big bazaar, dirty, etc. But the Pitons, you will never forget!!!