Carribean in February with a 1 year old?

Old Jan 1st, 2004, 06:22 PM
Original Poster

Carribean in February with a 1 year old?

We want to travel to the Carribean at the beginning of February with a 1 year old. Any suggestions of islands and accomodations? We were intersted in Aruba but the Hotel prices are exhorbitant. If you know of any nice kid friendly places in Aruba (or elsewhere in the Carribean) that would also be helpful. Also, how is the weather then? Thanks
Old Jan 2nd, 2004, 08:30 AM
caribtraveler

have you looked into the divi aruba mega all inclusive? we stayed there in '99. it wasn't great but it was good (good price too) and it had a nice beach. weather is nice all around in aruba.
with a one-year-old, i'd suggest you look to go to islands where you can fly direct to. it'll make your life soooo much easier (we did it last year).
if you let us know your budget and where you're flying from, i'm sure you'll get more detailed replies.

Old Jan 2nd, 2004, 02:37 PM

We just got back from Aruba with our 3 kids. We like the Costa Linda Property. It is a timeshare facility with all two and three bedroom units. Full kitchens. The pool is nice and has a nice shallow part. The beach is beautiful and big, however the water can be a little rough for a one year old. It is very clean, but not as exciting as the hotels.
Denise
Old Jan 5th, 2004, 10:19 AM

January 05,2004
Hi mjb40,
Ever thought about Trinidad for your vacation in February? The weather is very beautiful right now, hot but with cool breezes. Carnival celebrations are in Feb 23 & 24.
We would love to accomodate your family in our
home.We can provide 1 bedroom and all amenities and an
opportunity to get to know the people and culture much better than if
you stayed at the traditional hotels. Please contact me, (Chandra) at
[email protected] and let me know what you are looking for in your vacation. Bye
Old Jan 6th, 2004, 07:48 AM

Hi there, if your not stuck on Aruba, think Cuba, unless your American. We went to Playa Pesquero last year Jan. 31-Feb. 7. It was fantastic! $1000. per person Canadian all inclusive, it is a 5 star, great service, great food, amazing people. There was a real neat childs water park and it was not a real party place.We also went on a tour for quite reasonable, it incl. a cruise on a 40' sailboat to the coral reef, snorkel for an hour, off to the aquarium, where all of swam and played with the dolphins,next to an island plantation for lunch, Cuban style and then a leisurly sail back to our resort. This cost the 4 of us $260. We loved it there and would definitely go back.