Caribe Hilton PR

Oct 4th, 2006, 04:20 AM
Original Poster

Caribe Hilton PR

Hi Everyone,
We will be staying here in the spring using Hilton pts.
I have read a rash of terrible reviews on this hotel. We had such a good time here but it was almost 20 years ago the last time we went.
Any advice on what room to ask for in the hotel or what section. There are new rooms and very terrible old ones from what I have read. My husband is diamond so that should help us.
Please advise.
Thanks
Oct 4th, 2006, 06:05 PM
Original Poster

ttt
Oct 15th, 2006, 02:27 PM

We've stayed at the Caribe Hilton twice. The first time was July 2004 we stayed in the older section (maybe the tower) the construction was occuring for the new rooms. We loved our stay there- the room was OK. Our second trip was January 2006, we had a room in the new section on the first floor. The room was far superior- patio, view, decor, etc... The hotel itself was still a great place.

So... We enjoyed both our stays, would highly recommend staying at the Caribe Hilton. The newer rooms were obviously better.
Oct 15th, 2006, 03:36 PM
Original Poster

Thanks HandET I appreciate the feedback. I have heard the towers are the newer section? The main building is the older section?
We stayed at the Caribe about twenty years ago when my brother was married on PR. We are looking forward to bringing our kids and enjoying a nice relaxing vacation in a nice hotel!
Thanks again!
Oct 22nd, 2006, 05:31 AM

We stayed there last april, only one night before we left for a cruise and I would never go back. I wouldn't stay there even if it was free! Granted, it was the start of Easter week, but the place was dirty, the rooms were poor, poor service, super over crowded. The pool and beach were packed. We couldn't get a chair, the grassy areas by the pool were all muddy, it took forever to get a drink and lunch. They upgraded us to the club level because we had booked an oceanfront room and they were out of them. We were probly in an older room, but we had passes fot the club level in the newer tower. The club levels food and drinks were pretty poor as far as club levels go. We couldn't wait to leave there and will Never go back. Good luck!