Caribbean with grown kids

Feb 2nd, 2015, 05:35 PM
Original Poster

Caribbean with grown kids

I would like to take my two children to the Caribbean in April. Their ages are 26 and 27- boy and girl respectively. (neither are married) We would like a resort with pretty water and beaches, restaurants and bars. bikes or walking, excursions, and general relaxing. I would like to keep it around $500 a night. (If that is possible) I have looked over time at places for my husband and me and T &C looked nice. Any input and ideas would be much appreciated!
Thanks so much-
Feb 3rd, 2015, 06:55 AM
WWK

T&C has everything you describe, but the budget might be tight for April, peak season in the islands. Take a look at OCEAN CLUB WEST, THE SANDS, and possibly WINDSONG, but you probably have to up your budget unless you find a last minute deal.
Feb 10th, 2015, 11:44 AM
Original Poster

For scheduling purposes, we are now looking to go in June. Would this affect the rates? Ideas?
Feb 10th, 2015, 03:24 PM

yes, it should be cheaper
Mar 4th, 2015, 09:20 AM

http://www.thebuccaneer.com/

We loved this resort last June. So did our 20-somethings. It could be within your budget in April. Contact the hotel directly, to get the best service and best rate.

(Search under my name for more information on our stay there, and why we chose it in the first place.)
Mar 26th, 2015, 06:39 AM

Honduras is the best place to look. It is still exotic and largely undiscovered as a tourist destination by americans. There are some very nice luxury resorts in Tela Honduras and Roatan. Some of the best are Indura (www.induraresort.com) and Punta Izopo Resort(puntaizoporesort.com).