Caribbean vs Mexico

Feb 18th, 2008, 07:30 AM
Original Poster
Caribbean vs Mexico

When: June
Who: Me, my husband, our two girls (12 & 6)
Leaving: Dallas/Fort Worth or Austin
Preferences: all-inclusive resort, snorkeling, horseback riding, deep sea fishing, all in a mild climate.

Feb 18th, 2008, 08:32 AM

Look at Los Cabos - temperature is an average of 80 degrees, cool and comfortable in the mornings and evenings, nice ocean breeze in the afternoons to cool you. A nap or swimming in the afternoon to avoid the heat of the day. It is not humid like other places in Caribbean and Mexico in June. The deep-sea fishing is amazing! Snorkeling can be done off swimmable locations.

I would recommend the Dreams Los Cabos as your all-inclusive resort. It is along the Corridor between Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo. Cabo is fun for a visit, for shopping, lunch, going on a boat out to the Arches, but it is a loud and rowdy party atmosphere at night. Dreams is close enough to San Jose and Cabo, but is more quiet and family-oriented with beautiful white-sand beaches, pool complex.

Best Regards,
Julia Elzie
Blog: http://personaltouchtravel.wordpresscom
Feb 18th, 2008, 04:40 PM
I have to disagree with Los Cabos.

There are 3 areas of Los Cabos. San Jose, the hotels in the tourist corridor and Cabos San Lucas. Most of the tourist area like restuarnts and bars are located in Cabo San Lucas. Most of the AI resorts are in the tourist corridor, which is pretty far from Cabos San Lucas. San Jose is by the Marina and not much there, but there are building.

Not too many AI hotels/resorts in Cabo San Lucas area. However, they are some small hotels within walking distance to main area.

I'm finding hotels there pretty expensive compared to Caribbean Mexico. Most beaches have rough surf and are unswimmable. The main attraction is golf and deep sea fishing. Snorkeling is going to be an afterthought not a reason to visit.

The majority of AI resorts are in Mexico, Dominican Republic and Jamaica.

For what you have listed, look at the Riviera Maya/Playa del Carmen area of Mexico.

Search this Thread