Search

Need advice for 5/6 guys looking to go to the Caribbean

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 12:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need advice for 5/6 guys looking to go to the Caribbean

Hi,

Myself and 4 or 5 friends are looking at the possibility of going to the Caribbean. Our youngest will be 22 and the oldest being 27.

Firstly, we are from Scotland and are looking for an All Inclusive, aiming to hopefully go early October or early November this year.

We are looking to go somewhere where we can meet some Americans/Canadians as it is a change of scene.

We're all single and have a budget of roughly £900. Somewhere more lively with people our age would be ideal

Any suggestions.
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 03:44 AM

Does that budget include your airfare? How long do you want to go?
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 04:10 AM
Original Poster

Yeah, airfare included I'm afraid. The general concensus is we dont want to be spending £1000.

Time wise anything up to 2 weeks, as long as it's longer than a week.

Also, we're not picky when it comes to food or room amenities. As long as it's edible and sleepable we are usually fine.
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 05:08 AM

During that time frame since it is into hurricane season with high probability you would get the best prices out there would be my guess. But more than a week? Not so sure about that one at all. I would try dominican republic, or Mexico cancun, or the Mayan Riviera area. They have many AI in various price ranges. You can try applevacations.com for a package deal. Still think it will be tough per your requirements. Best of luck.
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 08:26 AM

You won't get anything for £1000 AI in the Caribbean, not for 2 weeks. Cheapest you are looking at is about £1500, you have some choices between Antigua & Barbados but these are prices from London or Manchester, not Aberdeen.

Lively places in the Caribbean for your age group: Negril Jamaica, St Lawrence/Gap Barbados, Rodney Bay/St Lucia, Varadero/Cuba (you won't meet many Americans though, but loads of Canadians, Cancun/Mexico. Aruba is also good but you'll have to search for who flies there from the UK (Firstchoice perhaps?)

http://www.firstchoice.co.uk/

Check Virgin Holidays website, they cover everywhere except Aruba. They might be good for Aberdeen departures, even if you have to change flights in London as they are starting up some domestic UK routes soon.

http://www.virginholidays.co.uk/default.aspx

For about £1200 you can get AI in the Dominican Republic (from London), check Thomsons

http://www.thomson.co.uk/all-inclusive-holidays.html
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 09:06 AM

I did a quick and dirty look at Expedia and saw some flight/hotel packages in the Cancun area of Mexico for a week at your budget, but that's not including food/alcohol. I think a package is going to be the way to go, but I still think you'll be pushing it with that budget.
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 09:36 AM
KVR

The majority of AI's are going to be in Mexico, Jamaica and the Dominican Republic. The least expensive of those 3 will be Mexico. For your age group and budget, look at the RIU resorts. There are several in each of those locations. The Palace resorts are going to have more amenities than the regular resorts, and of course cost more.
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 09:39 AM

A package is always the way to go, if you are coming from the UK. It rarely makes economic sense to book flight and hotel separately (for the Caribbean).
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 10:32 AM

I don't know about the rates from Scotland, I can only speak coming from Canada, the cheapest: Cuba (awful food, gorgeous beaches), then Punta Cana in DR for beaches and loads of resorts, then Mayan Riviera which has it all as well. Won't find many Americans in Cuba but we're there in droves, same for DR and Mexico.

Have fun!
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 10:36 AM

Check out this website for info:
http://www.debbiescaribbeanresortreviews.com/
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 02:14 PM

Aruba has few AI as the restaurants are so great and diverse. I doubt at any time of year you could do aruba AI on this budget.