Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Caribbean Honeymoon with beaches and hiking?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24th, 1997, 06:46 AM
Jon Hoyt

My fiancee and I are tying to find a place that will satisfy both our needs for our honeymoon, beaches(her) and adventure (me). If anyone can give me some info on islands with, hiking, good snorkelling/scuba, great beaches and plenty to do, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Old Nov 30th, 1997, 03:06 PM
Andrea

You may wish to look into Jamaica because of its diverse landscape (not flat like many islands.) Need a really good hike? Try the Blue Mountain Hiking Trip. Blue Mountain is the highest peak on the island (I forgot how high). Hiking adventures range from moderate to difficult trails. Also coffee beans are grown on it's peak (excellent coffee!) Also, the island has wonderful beaches.
If you need more detailed info. on Jamaica, go to www.infohub.com.
Good luck

Old Dec 12th, 1997, 12:51 PM
Jenny Dalton

St. John offers wonderful beaches and hiking. I am planning on going there (Caneel Bay Resort) for my honeymoon this spring. I'm an avid scuba diver as well and understand that the diving there is great. (wasn't certified when I was there last.) The island offers many hiking trails - my favorite is Ram's Head Point. It takes about 3-4 hours total, but you'll pass gorgeous vistas (incl. views of other islands) as well as a mountain goat or two. Most of the island is a national park - I had so much fun renting a jeep and exploring! If you want more nightlife, you can take the ferry to St.Thomas or some of the other neighboring islands. You can't go wrong with St. John.