Where To Go?

Old Feb 12th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where To Go?

I know that this is a commonly asked question, but it seems that everyone has slightly different desires when it comes to deciding where to vacation to. A friend and I will be taking a trip for my birthday (end of October) for a week, and would like suggestions for a destination. Our last trip was to Isla Mujeres, and we loved it. We're considering going back, but also wouldn't mind some suggestions for other locales. Here is what we'd like to find in another destination:

1) Beautiful beach. We will undoubtedly spend a couple days parked in a beach chair, soaking in sun.
2) A small town. I prefer an area that isn't all huge resorts or highly populated. We loved that we could walk into town for dinner or for some shopping and that it wasn't all high-rise resorts everywhere. After driving through Cancun on our way to the ferry docks to go to Isla, we decided that Cancun is not our style. Isla was very great at night, but got crowded during the day with people coming from Cancun. We prefer a less-crowded locale, or one that becomes less crowded around sunset.
3) Stuff to do. We were in Isla for 5 days, which was just the right amount of time for the amount of activities. We're planning our next trip to be at least a week, so we would like someplace with plenty of activities. We'll probably snorkel once, and we're not divers. We like to learn history and explore the area where we're staying. Jeep tours, that kind of thing would be way awesome.

Thanks for any help you can offer! It's so appreciated!

Jess
Old Feb 12th, 2011, 02:49 PM

i don't know enough about the bahamas to advise a particular island but i know there are several with a small town & on which the mode of transportation is golf cart like isla.

another idea would be vieques off the east coast of puerto rico. if you fell you might run out of things to do on vieques you could spend a couple days exploring the el junque rainforest.

neither of these offer much history but on pr you could spend a day or 2 in san juan at the beginning or end or your trip & get all the history you can stand.

or. head to the small town of tulum (2 hrs? south of cancun)
the ruins for history or tour in the sian ka'an biosphere. and other activities are endless. you should look at akumal as well although that's a bit busier.
Old Feb 14th, 2011, 02:09 PM

Check out palm Bay beach club ,great exhuma.You will not find better beaches than exhuma.
Old Feb 15th, 2011, 06:53 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Negril Jamaica
Old Feb 15th, 2011, 08:04 AM

Check out the out islands of the Bahamas.