Caribbean Adult trip - April 07 from Boston

Oct 2nd, 2006, 09:34 AM
Original Poster

Caribbean Adult trip - April 07 from Boston

Hi folks,
You have helped me with trips to London and Paris, but now we are going to the Caribbean for 4-6 days in April 07. Two adults (41 and 42 y.o), no kids. We like topless/clothing optional beaches, or at the very least, a place where my thong bikinis are acceptable. Don't need too much outside activity on this trip, just some good meals, and a direct flight from Boston. Maybe a trip into town or a sunset boat ride. Doesn't have to be too luxurious, but would like something right on the beach. Is this possible for under $4,000? Thanks!
Oct 2nd, 2006, 01:43 PM

Are there direct flights from Boston to Sint Maarten/St. Martin?
Oct 2nd, 2006, 02:41 PM

I'd suggest flying Air Jamaica to Montego Bay in Jamaica and then take a ride over to Negril on the west coast. Beautiful beach, gorgeous water, very laid back vibe. Many of the all-inclusive resorts offer a clothing optional section of beach. You could also seek out the chic all inclusive The Caves on the cliff end of the beach.

You'll find plenty of low-key nightlife like live music and beach bars. You can take a sunset cruise or watch the cliff divers at sunset from a comfortable distance with a rum punch or Red Stripe in hand.

If you wait until the last half of April you can take advantage of low season prices, which means you could stay even longer for under $4000.
Oct 14th, 2006, 08:02 AM

Check out Pebble Cove, St. John
Oct 14th, 2006, 08:08 AM

Topless/nude is not legal in the USVI.
Oct 14th, 2006, 08:10 AM

Meant to add that it's not like it isn't done but I wouldn't risk it in case you get an over-zealous cop.
Oct 14th, 2006, 08:30 AM

From Boston, you have to change in San Juan to get to St. Maarten.
Oct 14th, 2006, 09:05 AM

Check out Coriandar Cottage in the Turks and Caicos Its not legal for topless there, but on the beach which is mostly private beach and also have your own pool. Its listed on www,vrbo.com They do have non-stop from Boston on Saturdays only 3 1/2 hour flight.
Oct 16th, 2006, 07:46 AM

T & CI sounds like a great option. But if you are interested in Jamaica, I don't believe Air Jam services BOS any longer, at least they didn't when we last went in Feb of this year. I think there are direct flights on US and AA, and on Spirit from PVD. If the 2 adults are a couple, & if you do consider Jamaica, I recommend the Couples resorts. Three of the four have a/n facilities (2 in Ocho Rios, 1 in Negril); thong and/or topless are fine at all 4 resorts. Great beaches, esp. in Negril. Couples is All-inclusive, but not the standard AI by any means.Top-notch food/liquor, gorgeous grounds, and at least 1 of the resorts offers room service, included in the price. Check out the Couples website if interested. We've been 3 times, don't remember what we paid on earlier visits, but we did 5 nights last Feb. for around 3.5K. The website also features promo rates occasionally.
Oct 21st, 2006, 08:40 PM

Other Jamaica suggestions - Any of the Superclubs resorts - Grand Lido is in Negril as are Hedonism and there are others in the Ocho Rios area. They are clothing optional and even have bars in the clothing optional areas that are stocked for you to make your own drinks. You should be able to go for a lot less than $4,000 depending on which one you choose.
Oct 23rd, 2006, 08:38 PM

North side of St. Martin (French side) has a great beach that is divided between suits required and nude/topless acceptable. My wife and I stayed about 10 min. drive away (Grand Case Beach Club) but the beach was nothing special and not ok for nude I don't think. I would defintely look for hotels/condos on the north side at/near the more permissive beach. We're not topless/nudist types but we are into the beach / water / beachside eateries & bars and thought this area was the best place on the island.
Oct 24th, 2006, 03:56 PM

GWV Travel runs a charter nonstop from Boston to St Martin. Sat. to Sat. Can be either done as part of a "package" with hotel or as "Air Only" and you do the rest.
You have to do 7 days. Otherwise commercial air connects in San Juan, Charlotte, Atlanta, Miami, PHiladelphia.
Oct 24th, 2006, 07:47 PM

Orient Beach is the place on St. Martin. Look for resorts nearby. I know Le Meridien is close, but it's a different cove, so you would need to drive to the topless beach.
Oct 25th, 2006, 05:39 PM

You might want to look at the Alamanda in St Martin. It is on the french side and is on Orient Beach. You can go topless there and they have great beach bars. A taxi ride will take you to Grand Case with its fabulous restaurants. You can also take a taxi ride to the Dutch side for nightlife.