Notices

car in anguilla

Jan 27th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Original Poster

car in anguilla

We are going to Anguilla and possibly staying at Frangipani. We are wanting to explore the island and go off the resort to eat. Is having a car recommeded? or is a taxi better?

If having a car is the way to go where should we have it delivered? We are flying into St. Martin.
Jan 27th, 2011, 04:48 PM

My husband and I vacationed at the Frangipani in Anguilla in 2007 and rented a car. Anguilla is definitely a place where having a rental car is recommended. There are so many fantastic beaches, restaurants and beach bars on the island -- it would be a shame to be stuck at your resort (even though both the Frangipani and Meads Bay are fabulous!). Hiring a taxi for even short trips is expensive... at least $20 a trip, plus you have to arrange it. I think we paid $200 for a rental car for a five-day trip and sure were glad we did. We also ferried from St. Maarten and then took a taxi to our hotel. Most rental car companies will drop the rental car off at the hotel, so you don't have to pick it up. And I think some may even arrange hotel pickup, or drop you off at the ferry in your car. Have a wonderful trip!

Search this Thread