Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Cap Juluca Private Pool Villa Is It Worth It? (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/cap-juluca-private-pool-villa-is-it-worth-it-242509/)

Karen Jul 23rd, 2002 12:59 PM

Cap Juluca Private Pool Villa Is It Worth It?

We already have a Jr. Suite at CJ but after reading about the pool villas (1 bedroom) I am tempted to upgrade. It there much difference between the Pool Villa and the Jr. Suite? Has anyone stayed in or has seen both?<BR>I would appreciate any information - Thanks!

lookhere Jul 23rd, 2002 01:06 PM

www.travelhop.com

Karen Jul 23rd, 2002 01:17 PM

Thank you xxx, I've already looked there (love that website!!) But, I think that beautiful villa is not a one bedroom, I think its the 2 or 5 bdrm. Do they have a one bedroon pool suite???

anonymous Jul 23rd, 2002 01:21 PM

Just returned from Cap Juluca via one of their packages with the jr. suite, the one with the double tub. I also took a look at the villas for future travel. If you want more privacy then stick with the jr. suite. The smaller villas come with 4 suites, 2 upstairs & 2 downstairs. The ones downstairs, which I had, open up onto a walkway directly from your patio to the beach. No one shares it with you. The back of the villas open onto the beach. No one shares any rooms with you, complete privacy. I don't think you will miss a pool. You enter your villa from the driveway/road, down an entryway and there are 2 doors for the downstairs suites. The 2 upstairs suites go up stairs off the entryway.<BR><BR><BR>There are 18 total villas either 4 or 5 bedrooms. Some have a pool. None of the pool villas are 1 bedroom. The one bedroom pool villas are actually 4 or 5 bedroom villas that you can close off from the other bedrooms. Basically, you have a central area that can be accessed from the bedrooms (dining area, sitting area with TV, stereo etc.). It may be possible that others may not be staying in that villa with you, but don't count on it. There place was booked solid during my stay.<BR><BR>Hope this helps.

karen Jul 23rd, 2002 01:43 PM

Anonymous,<BR>Thank you so much, we've been saving for a while and wanted to make it special. I'm so glad I booked the Jr. Suite, sounds like we have the same package you did. Hope you had a wonderful trip. Thanks again for the great information.

penny Jul 23rd, 2002 03:04 PM

Yes the pool villa can be one bedroom. Been there done that. It is lovely. <BR>The first 3 villas have the top floor with LR, dining room, kitchen, one bedroom and large walled in pool.Large terrace off the bedroom an0ther terrace off the kitchen and huge pool patio! The two lower rooms are used for luxury rooms, or part of the whole villa rental. There is another room and bathroom to the west of the pool area. The last 3 villas are set up the same way, but the pool villa area may have 2 bedrooms, 1 room west of the pool, and 2 below.<BR>Having said that-I prefer the junior suite! But the pool villas are wonderful!

penny Jul 23rd, 2002 03:06 PM

I meant the first 3 pool villas-14, 15, 16! <BR>FYI-Villas 1-3<BR>and 10-11 are junior suites!

anonymous Jul 23rd, 2002 03:25 PM

Hi Penney,<BR><BR>I stayed at villa 11 and toured pool/suite villa 18 which was a 4 or 5 bedroom villa that you could close off to make into a smaller villa with central areas. I was told that all villas are 4 or 5 bedrooms that can be closed off, but you share the pool with the others at your villa. That was the layout I was shown. So there are other floor plans...Still wasn't shown a kitchen though. Glad to know that they have kitchens.<BR><BR>take care

penny Jul 23rd, 2002 03:41 PM

My first visit to Cj we were in a luxury lower room in villa 18. The woman who rented the whole villa had her son and daughter check out the day we arrived. We did not get to use the pool. It is only for the upstairs mastersuite, and use for their guests when they rent the whole villa.<BR>It works well, and gives the hotel flexiblity! At the price of a pool suite it is for that suite! No one else uses it!