Cap Juluca or Parrot Cay or what?

Nov 30th, 2000, 07:46 PM
Allison and Eric

Cap Juluca or Parrot Cay or what?

We are planning our honeymoon at the end of May 2001. We live on the east coast and will only have a week so we would like a beautiful, full service, sophisticated resort in the Carribean. Any thoughts on Cap Juluca versus Parrot Cay or any other suggestions?

Dec 1st, 2000, 04:58 AM
penny

We have been to Cap Juluca several times. We love the hotel and the island of Anguilla. The hotel as you know is made up of villas sitting on its a beautiful mile long white beach. The beach is at your dooorstep for every room. The service is wonderful. We love Anguilla because of its beaches, friedly people and ooutstanding restaurants. There are many romantic restaurants and little beach bars not far from the hotel and all over the island. It is very eassy to get around this island as it is small and flat. Parrot Cay sounds lovely, but it might be limiting, as you can only dine there. Most of the couples we met at CJ loved the hotel and could not believe the choice of fine restautrants. It really depends what you are looking for. I do not think there is a wrong choice. If you like uncrowded beaches, fine restaurants than Anguilla might be for you. .

Dec 3rd, 2000, 03:17 AM
leighann

congratulations allison and eric!

we have stayed at both resorts- cap julca 6 times and parrot cay once. they are both beautiful and incredible and you cant go wrong. that being said, i would have to vote for cap juluca. the accomodations are bit more luxurious at cap (especially the bathrooms, which are amazing by caribbean standards.) the beaches at both resorts are perfect. you will find, however, that the most wonderful part of vacationing in anguilla are the anguillan people, who are just about the nicest anywhere. the restuarants in anguilla are also wonderful and a nice diversion~ by the end of the week at parrot we were kind of burning out on the same faces dining in the same room each night. enjoy, and congratulations! (the only other thing i might add is that the spa at parrot cay is great~ however, they are in the process of building a spa at cap, which may be completed by the time you visit.)

Dec 3rd, 2000, 05:40 AM
penny

Good news is that Cap Juluca has a new spa menu!

Dec 4th, 2000, 09:45 AM
Dawn

Dear Allison and Eric,

Congratulations on you upcoming wedding!
My family and I just returned from Parrot-Cay - were we had a wonderful time - the resort is first class in very way - alot of the staff is from Bali - where you can not find nicer people more genuine and eager to please - they have a wonderful very romantic spa - you can rent this spa cottage for an evening where you both can have treatments together and then a beautiful romantic candlelight dinner - Parrot-Cay is smaller resort then Cap Juluca and I believe you will find the personal service more attentive at Parrot-Cay I have been to many top end properties in the Caribbean and found Parrot-Cay to be outstanding! I am sorry I have never stayed at Cap Juluca - only visited once from St Barts(which is another island you should consider)and thought the property looked beautiful. I understand that they have been undergoing alot of work which I am sure will be completed by May - Parrot-Cay was also undergoing some work - food on Parrot Cay was very good - but if you enjoy going to different restaurants this would not be the place for you - Another option very secluded and very special is the K-Club on Barbuda - check into that option if you want seclusion - incredible beach one of the most beautiful I have ever seen. Good - luck and most of all enjoy yourselves!!

Jan 28th, 2001, 07:08 PM
Kim

For those who have stayed at Cap Juluca, which room/villa do you consider to be the BEST location and interior design?
Thanks.

Feb 10th, 2001, 01:24 PM
Rob

Anguilla has a new resort similar to Cap Juluca but newer-Cuisineart !Also check out The Ocean Club on Paradise Island.