Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Cap Juluca, Anguilla honeymoon- need info on hotel and island must do's!

Old Feb 25th, 2003, 08:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My soon-to-be husband and I will be traveling to Cap Juluca from June 9-16. I am hoping for any info on the hotel (luxury room) and general island info. (Good restaurants, activities, etc) Also, looking for info on a day trip to St. Martin, (what to see, do, etc.) and ferry info from Anguilla to St. Martin. Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 08:52 AM

Erica, you will love CJ and Anguilla. If you type in Cap Juluca in the search area, you will find lots of info, still current about the hotel, ferry, restaurants, etc. If you cannot find the info you want in my responses, and others, please feel free to ask! Hope this helps!
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 01:11 PM

The ferry goes to St. Martin every 1/2 hour from early in the morning 'til 7 pm & takes about 25 minutes. It costs $10/person each way plus $3 tax from Anguilla & $2 tax from St. Martin. It drops you right in the heart of Marigot where there are lovely restaurants & duty-free shopping.
There are 80+ restaurants in Anguilla, all price ranges & most very, very good. There's an Internet monthly newsletter at www.news.ai that's very informative & it spotlights a restaurant or 2 every month (you can also look in the archives of the newsletter & at the menus link at the top of the main page).
There are also 33 spectacular beaches -- think about renting a car & exploring some of them on your own. You're going to have a wonderful, memorable time!
Old Mar 2nd, 2003, 06:56 AM

For a memorable must-do, I recommend lunch and some time in the sun at Scilly Cay. It's a cay about 100 yards off shore that will serve you grilled lobster among other things--dig your toes in the sand and enjoy the sun and the spontaneous, al fresco dining. Be sure to take your suncreen!

If you're not already familiar with it, I'd recommend picking up a copy of "A Trip to the BEach" by Melinda Blanchard. Sure to whet your appetite for Anguilla, it's the memoir of a Yankee couple who moved there to open up their own restaurant. It's also a story of their love affair with the island and the people. Very likely after you read it, you'll think that dining at their restaurant Blanchards will be another must-do experience.
Old Mar 2nd, 2003, 01:04 PM

Erica,

Here are my favorite restaurants:

Pimms at the Cap Jaluca.... simply amazing food and ambiance, right on the water...

Koal Keel -- Old house in the middle of the island. Great food

Blanchards -- Ask for a table on the open porch.. so romantic

We took a day trip to St. Martin on the ferry.. It was easy. St. Marteen has much better shopping, great deals on high end jewelry.. But boy was I glad I was staying in Anguilla..Can;t wait to return
Old Mar 2nd, 2003, 05:05 PM

Koal Keel is closed , the bakery is open, and they do catering, weddings etc, try Cedar Grove, as Smokey is the chef, nice spot. Pimms is a great spot, but sometimes too busy! Try Altamer, Straw Hat, Mangos, and Trattoria Tramonto.
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 06:29 PM
MTS

erica,

Just returned from Anguilla 2 days ago.
Must do's:
1.rent a jeep (roads are poor and jeep will make the difference.
2. spend a day at Shoal Bay east.
3. Eat luch at Roy's
Dinner rec's Blanchards, Mango's, Straw Hat, Hibernia, Zara's, to name a few great one's, Serenity is good.
4. Shoal Bay beach on sunday afternoon will have island music. Check out Gwen's Regae Cafe. Or go over to Scilly Cay sunday for rum punch and lobster with entertainment as well.
Good luck.