Reload this Page >

St. Thomas, Secrect Harbor, Sapphire, Marroitt, Wyndam?? HELP

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16th, 1999, 01:41 PM
Marianna

I am planning a trip to St. John and St. Thomas in May. St. John is the first part of our trip and we are staying there for four nights. We will then be staying on St. Thomas for three nights. After four quiet, relaxing, "do nothing" days on St. John, we are looking for a nice, larger size resort to stay at in St. Thomas with lots of activities. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm attracted to the Red Hook area b/c it seems to be a bit further from the hustle and bustle of the main town and it's also close to the ferry to St. John! Thanks for your help.

Old Feb 16th, 1999, 05:53 PM
chiang

We stayed at Cabrita Point (far eastern end of island) and loved it. We ate breakfast in Red Hook at Tickles with the iguanas every morning and went to Duffy's several evenings. There's also a small market and drug store there. Good choice! <BR>

Old Feb 17th, 1999, 05:56 AM
stephanie

We stayed at the Sapphire Beach Hotel for our honeymoon - this was 1990 - and loved it at that time. We are divers and they have their own dive shop. There was also incredible snorkeling right off the beach! There was live entertainment several nights that we were there. We went by there again in 1996 when we were staying somewhere else. It looked like some of the beach had been washed away since we were there last (the result of Hurricane in 1995.) I don't know if it's still a good place, but we loved it when we stayed there. It's right on the beach and has several restaurants - expensive though- but rooms have kitchenettes, and you're about 5 min. from Red Hook where there are other restaurants.

Old Feb 25th, 1999, 02:29 AM
Karen

The food at Secret Harbour wins hands down over Sapphire and Wyndam ... Blue Moon Cafe is excellent! Secret Harbour has a lovely little beach ... be sure to get beachfront, some of the units can be far up the hill ... although Sapphire has a wonderful beach, SeaGrape has awful food and since Sapphire is in state of flux, amenities and rooms are a bit ruff around the edges ... Wyndam is all-inclusive ... large high rise on bluff ... great views but don't elect all-incluvise. two properties @ Marriott - the Reef, high rise ... beautiful re-do but more hotelish ... better choice for me, Morningstar ... narrow beach (a short walk from the Reef) but both overlook harbour! E-mail for details.

Old Feb 25th, 1999, 02:29 AM
Karen

The food at Secret Harbour wins hands down over Sapphire and Wyndam ... Blue Moon Cafe is excellent! Secret Harbour has a lovely little beach ... be sure to get beachfront, some of the units can be far up the hill ... although Sapphire has a wonderful beach, SeaGrape has awful food and since Sapphire is in state of flux, amenities and rooms are a bit ruff around the edges ... Wyndam is all-inclusive ... large high rise on bluff ... great views but don't elect all-incluvise. two properties @ Marriott - the Reef, high rise ... beautiful re-do but more hotelish ... better choice for me, Morningstar ... narrow beach (a short walk from the Reef) but both overlook harbour! E-mail for details.