Ferry To St.Martin & airport

Old Mar 10th, 2005, 12:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ferry To St.Martin & airport

Hi all, I need some help Please! On our return we are flying out of SXM on winair. We will take ferry (I Think). Our flight departs approx at 19.10hrs. We will depart from Cap approx 12 noon.(Tuesday) We want to enjoy an afternoon in Sxm. Does anyone know if you can leave luggage anywhere?? Airport? Your help and advice would be nice. Thank You for your help! all the best Pam

Old Mar 10th, 2005, 12:18 PM

Sorry to say that I've never known of anywhere that you can leave your luggage while you explore SXM for a day.

Why don't you go straight to the airport and check in first, then you don't have to worry about it.
Old Mar 10th, 2005, 10:51 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your help Statia, Lets hope Winair allows us to check in at lunch time!! Thanks for your Message.Regard Pam
Old Mar 11th, 2005, 04:00 AM

Pam, it shouldn't be a problem. I check in hours early for WinAir all the time. If I go to SXM just for the day I check in upon my arrival at SXM and have seven or eight hours to run my errands before departure.
Old Mar 11th, 2005, 08:48 AM
Original Poster

Thanks again for your help Statia.Rgds Pam
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 06:52 AM

Hi Pam--
Do you mean the ferry terminal at Marigot in Saint Martin? If so, I can help you.
On our recent trip (this February) we left our bags with a guy named Gerald at the ferry terminal. He put them on the dock--behind the barrier--and watched them for us for a few hours while we went to the French market and ate lunch. When we returned, he got our bags and hailed us a cab. We tipped him, of course.
One of the other guests at our hotel in Anguilla told us that he always leaves his bags with the cabdrivers at the Taxi Stand (about 100 yards to the right of the ferry terminal) who will guard them for a tip. We had intended to do this, but were intercepted by Gerald. After checking him out with some of the official-looking guys at the terminal we decided to take a chance and leave our bags with him--and it all worked out fine.
Gerald was wearing a bright red or pink shirt and reflective sunglasses and is a bit of a hustler--I remember him from the year before, when I had brushed him off--but , based on our experience this year, he's an okay guy.
--Jeanette