Caneel, Jumby, Fr. Reef/Morningst Ect.Pt II

Nov 21st, 2004, 07:32 AM
Original Poster

Caneel, Jumby, Fr. Reef/Morningst Ect.Pt II

Jumby Bay
Upon my first view of Jumby bay, it appeared as a scene that had jumped into reality from a master artist?s easel. The complimentary shades of green from the palm trees form a perfect frame to the white sand beach that edges the blue sea. The grounds are perfectly landscaped and beautifully manicured. My room, a roundavel was beautiful Centered in the spacious room was beautiful period four poster bed encased in sheer neetin which provided a Scarlett/Rhett feel. A rich complimentary wood partition separated the dressing area which included to armoires, 2 above the counter washbowl-basins. In addition the commode and showers each were in small separate rooms. A terazzo floor wrap around veranda provided a beautiful view of the grounds and the sea and was equiped with two comfy padded lounges and chairs. Each unit is surrounded with shrubbery which provides individual privacy.
Food, drink and service are world class. I was constantly amazed that so many staff members could address me by name. Their goal is to make their guests feel at home and enjoy their vacation.

The long, white crescent shaped beach is lined with equi-distanced open grass roofed sun protectors over comfortable fresh towel covered lounge chairs which also contain a fresh rolled towel for drying off.. Here the feeling is sheer comfort and luxury.

Although the water is warm, clean and acolored a beautiful turquoise , the visibility was too porr to allow for snorkeling. This could have been due to the daily afternoon showers that occurred each day of my stay. Yje complimentary trip to Bird Island although the water had improved visibility, I saw only two small fish; however the trip there was beautiful and the island interesting. I understand that an optional day trip to Cade?s Reef, a marine sanctuary, offers good snorkeling.. All in all, Jumby place is a good place to go for relaxation and pampering. Thanks Penny for recommending it.
Nov 22nd, 2004, 03:24 AM

Diane, a lovely description! The service is so wonderful, it makes you feel special. Most of the staff have worked at the hotel for years-pre Rosewood! It has always been like that!
I will say it again-Rosewood took a diamond, and made it sparkle again.
I am so glad it did not disappoint you.
Nov 22nd, 2004, 11:37 AM
Original Poster

Thanks again Penny. I had just looked at my pictures. My room was really lovely- such a pretty place. Give a report when you return.

Diane
Dec 30th, 2004, 05:48 AM

Diane, where does the time go. Once again Jumby was so relaxing.Everyone welcomed us back. We flew from SXM on Caribbean Star, on time -great flight.
Loved our brief hop into St.Kitts-- would love to visit sometime. Jumby is our wind down from Anguilla, if you want to believe that!
We got a chance to view the new plunge pool suites, at The Pomd House. They will be very nice-looks like they will have better a/c. Not sure but I think there will be only 2.
Also we were not able to dine outside on the patio, they have extended this
in front of the veranda, it should be done now.
We are going back in Febuary, for a long 12 day trip. I hope I do not get tired of this place, it might be a bit long. Time will tell!
Dec 31st, 2004, 04:45 AM
Original Poster

Penny,

Glad you enjoyed your flight, especially since you were concerned before hand. How was the water at Jumby? There were daily afternoon rains the days that I was there. While the water was a beautiful blue, the visibility was very poor. I suspect this may have been caused by the rains.

Diane
Dec 31st, 2004, 06:19 AM

Once again we lucked out with perfect weather! The water at Jumby beach was clear-but IMHO its never as clear as
Caneel, or Anguilla. Only 1-2 Starfish, but the most amazing thing was my husband spotted a 6 footed one last November (03), found it again in Janurary than again this past December!
As always the water is so calm, it makes swimming wonderful!
I am yearning to go back to Caneel, and try LDB again. The snorkeling at Caneel cannot be beat! Just curious will you ever go back to Jumby. I know you love Caneel.
I enjoy reading your posts. Have a Happy New Year Diane!
Jan 1st, 2005, 11:47 AM
Original Poster

Penny,

My next trip will be 11 days to Caneel. I loved my last trip to 3 islands including Jumby, but decided that the next trip I wanted to unpack and not pack again until my return home. After that I would like to do a Caneel Little Dix combo. If I can work it out, I will do Little Dix before that. Everyone at Jumby was so wonderful, I will return again; perhaps with another island. When I do I would like to do a day trip to Dominica, which was recommended to me as an island of beautiful natural beauty complete with natural beauty including waterfalls and good snorkeling. I would like to do the Grenadines, either Petite St. Vincent or Palm Island.

I do love Caneel, and feel very comfortable there. It has everything I like, natural beauty, privacy, beautiful water/beaches/ snorkeling and a wonderful 'getting away from it all' feel. Let me know about your next trip to Jumby.

Diane

Search this Thread