Caneel Bay, Little Dix Bay, or Jalousie Hilton

Dec 1st, 2000, 01:49 PM
Chad Wagner

Caneel Bay, Little Dix Bay, or Jalousie Hilton

I am planning a honeymoon for June 2001. I am trying to decide between these three resorts. I would like to hear from people who have been to any of them and there experiences there. I am looking for private, romantic, great nature, and great beaches. Also how is the food at these places and should we go with the MAP?

Dec 1st, 2000, 02:37 PM
penny

Hi Chad, I have been to all three. I thought St. Lucia was interesting and Jalousie beautiful, but I felt limited because the island is not easy to get around ,as the roads are very steep and winding. I also did not like all the poverty. We got bored dining at the hotel, even though we did go to Dasheen at Ladera. We did Liitle Dix a few years ago and it is wonderful,it is on a beautiful beach and they lots of side trips by small boats. Virgin Gorda is very pretty, and the Baths were fun. The 2 outdoor restaurants were open air , the Sugar Mill is almost on the sand. The food was excellent better than Caneel.The snorkeling was great too. We then took Caneels ferry to Caneel Bay. It is a nice ferry trip. We had been there the year before and wanted to go back. It has several beaches-we prefer Scott, and it is a much larger resort as the units are spread all over the 179 acres. We enjoy the snorkeling at Caneel,but we prefer dining in CruZ Bay. There are lots of liitle restaurants and it is very casual. I really have no preference between Little Dix and Caneel, LDB is more intimate, I rate Jalousie last even though it just got rated one of the top 3 in the caribbean.

Search this Thread