Cancun Westin Regina

Apr 22nd, 1998, 11:43 AM
Rich

Cancun Westin Regina

Has anyone had problems with the Cancun Westin Regina? I know several people that have been unhappy there and I wondered if there were other people that had problems with their vacation at that particular Westin.

Apr 28th, 1998, 11:44 AM
Shell

We stayed there six years ago just before it turned into a Westin (Hotel Conrad then) and thought it was a very nice hotel. It's the last hotel on the strip, closest to the airport, so you spend a lot of time on buses, especially if you like to go downtown. That gets pretty old, but were on a budget (no taxis for us). We had a second-floor room, no balcony, but windows that opened (we tried that for about 30 seconds then switched back to a/c). The room itself was very nice: two queen-sized beds, eating area, mini fridge with wet bar, a separate bath and shower, in-room safe and hair dryer. In later visits to Cancun, we came to find out that the Westin was a very nice property with amenities that most other hotels don't offer. The pools (seven of them) are pretty neat, as is the architecture of the hotel. We only ate one meal there -- a very expensive (about $10 with tip for one person) continental breakfast. If the hotel were further down the strip, I'd stay there again, but I'll take a cheaper hotel that's closer to town. If you want to learn more, visit www.cancunmx.com, then go to Vacationing Here and do a search of the Westin. I posted a rather lengthy message there about a week ago.

Apr 29th, 1998, 11:17 AM
Jean E. Bowers

I stayed at the Westin the first time I traveled to Cancun. I was very impressed by the beauty of the place. It is also very well run. I enjoyed the many pools and thought it a beautiful spot. I ate two meals there. The food at the pool bar was quite good but inside unimpressive. I have heard so many good things about many hotels in Cancun so you might do well looking farther. Perhaps the Melia or Omni would be more to your liking. In my opinion the hotels are as beautiful as on any beach destination. The service I received when I stayed at the Continental Villas was outstanding. I think that the Mexican people are very gracious hosts.

Search this Thread