Reload this Page >

Single person, want absolutely no-kids resort

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24th, 1998, 07:45 PM
katie

My travel agent could find only one place (Hedonism II, Jamaica) that meets what I want in a resort: (1) has to allows single people (as opposed to Sandals) and (2) I don't want to ever see anyone under the age of 18 the entire time I'm there (sorry, kids, sometimes adults need adult vacations.) I understand there are Club Meds or other places that are supposedly "no kids", but actually that just means there is a beach or some area of the resort that is no kids, and you can't totally escape them. I've been to Hedonism twice, going back in a month, love it, but would like to know if there are any alternatives. Thanks, Katie

Old Feb 24th, 1998, 08:11 AM
Karen

Katie, somewhere you might want to check out is
Enchanted Garden in Jamaica (Ocho Rios). We were
there for a wedding last February and it does NOT
allow anywone under 16 - didn't see anyone under at
least early 20's. Beautiful place, wonderful
accommodations (especially suites with plunge pool),
fantastic food and beautiful grounds. On mountain
overlooking ocean, beach club with shuttle, two pools, complete spa facilities and waterfalls and hammock all over the place. Worthwhile looking into indeed.

Old Feb 24th, 1998, 08:26 AM
LJ

Your agent is way off base. Some Club Meds are family focused, others are not. Certain Club Meds do not accept kids under 16. I have been to many Clubs, and the ONLY time I ever saw kids was during Spring Break (March) and there were TWO kids on the resort.

Old Apr 4th, 1998, 08:08 PM
LAURA

CROWN PARADISE CLUB IN PUERTO VALLARTA/
NO KIDS AT ALL. GOOD FOOD. GREAT DRINKS.
ANY QUESTIONS, E-MAIL ME.

Old Apr 5th, 1998, 08:52 AM
sharon

I went to Club Med in Cancun and Turkes Caicos. There were no children there or I certainly did not see them. Some Club Meds are for families and some are for singles. Call Club Med directly and speak with them 1-800-CLUB MED. Have a good time.

Old Apr 5th, 1998, 07:04 PM
Jay North

We stayed at Sans Souci Lido (NO KIDS), it was a superclub resort in Jamaica. I believe MOST of the Superclubs have a NO KIDS policy but some are more geared towards couples. I'm not against kiddies either but hate to see them when I'm on vacation.
Good luck!

Old Apr 5th, 1998, 07:06 PM
Jay North

We stayed at Sans Souci Lido (NO KIDS), it was a superclub resort in Jamaica. I believe MOST of the Superclubs have a NO KIDS policy but some are more geared towards couples. I'm not against kiddies either but hate to see them when I'm on vacation.
Good luck!

Old Apr 10th, 1998, 09:38 AM
Judi

Think about Anguilla. It's the MOST beautiful
island I've been to yet, and when we were
there in late October of last year, I saw NO
kids. We stayed at Cap Juluca, but there are
other alternatives. The island is relatively
undeveloped, has fabulous restaurants, some
fun nightspots and gorgeous beaches.
Go to http:www/news.ai to see more about
it.

[email protected]

Old Apr 10th, 1998, 10:26 AM
Alicia

Do yourself a favor and buy a copy of the magazine "Caribbean Travel & Life", located at any major newstand. Start calling different resorts yourself. Frankly, I've never heard of a resort/hotel which does not permit children, other than Sandals, but I'm sure that one exists somewhere. Even the nude resorts on St. Martin, Guadalupe and Martinique allow children, because I've seen mothers going topless on the beach dragging around their kids. The Caribbean islands, in general, are extremely tolerant of children, more so than in the states. I live in Puerto Rico and children are accepted and are allowed everywhere. Good luck.

Old Apr 27th, 1998, 02:42 PM
Marcie

All (except one) of the Super Clubs is for adults only....no one under 16 allowed. Good Luck!

Old Apr 29th, 1998, 08:43 AM
Cassie

Just got back from Blue Bay Village in Cancun - the ONLY adults-only all-inclusive in Cancun. It was nicer than I had expected [having been stung in Cancun before - a long story]. It is a partner resort to the Blue Bay Club and Marina which does allow kids, but in 7 days in BBV, the only kids I saw was when I left the resort. I travel alone, and prefer adult only resorts too. There are a lot around in the caribbean, get a good brochure [like Apple Vacations] and read the fine print.