cancun or san juan Marriotts

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18th, 2004, 03:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have air & hotel at either of these destinations. Which one would be best for family with kids ages 10 & 13? The Marriotts in Cancun look much nicer but will there be a spring-break feel to Cancun or does the hotel where you stay set the tone? We would likely be travelling Nov or Dec. How are the beaches in San Juan? I've seen the port & downtown...not impressive...thanks.
Old Jul 17th, 2004, 08:55 PM

We have stayed at both; each different in its own way. Both nice beaches. Cancun is NOT a true representation of Mexico. Both very commercial. Kids might enjoy San Juan more. YOu can visit the fort and stroll around the Old town and narrow streets. Watch the cruise ships and take them to the biggest mall in the Caribbean: Plaza las Americas. Lobby of hotel is great for people watching. Live music every night. Hotel has its own beach. Take a tour to Rain forest. Next year do Cancun!
Old Jul 18th, 2004, 04:32 AM

It will not be a spring break feel in December. To get great beach and a feel for Mexico you can spend a day in Merida and one of the Mayan ruins.
Old Jul 18th, 2004, 06:35 AM

If a nice beach is important than Cancun wins hands down. If this is the Mariott in Condoda area, we swam there and the water was very rough. My family (older kids) loved it as there were plenty of waves and boogy boards were rented on the beach. Spring Break will not be a problem during your time frame. In Cancun there are other excusrion you could take as a family that you might enjoy. Horsebackriding on the beach, wave runners where you can snorkel, the ruins, take the ferry to Cozemel, if time permits. Although it does not represent the true Mexico, I think it has one of the most beautiful beaches and water I have seen. I would go for Cancun.
Old Jul 18th, 2004, 04:12 PM

the jw marriott in cancun is fabulous, also i feel cancun is much cleaner than san juan and there are more things to do. i stayed at rc in san juan and i think the jw is much nicer.the views are wonderful and the beach is prettier. easy travel with bus system.