Cancun, Mexico

Sep 7th, 1996, 07:15 PM
Jocelyn Eisenberg
Cancun, Mexico

We were in Cancun in 1991. It's a great place for young adults, and although we didn't stay at the Oasis, we took the bus there to use their beach. The buses are the BEST way to get around. If you walk down the road, they honk at you to see if they should stop to pick you up -- and they're clean. The only thing to know is that siesta's are alive and well in Cancun, so nightlife activity starts quite late -- don't expect much of a crowd anywhere before 10:30 pm. Carlos and Charlie's is a must, where tequila being poured down throats while whistles blow is a common occurence. It was great fun. Oh yeah, the bars close only when the last patron decides to leave, even if that means for breakfast. Have fun!
Sep 10th, 1996, 06:00 PM
Jacob King Jr.
I was in CANCUN near the end of August'96 OASIS is nice but I would recommend the MARRIOTT or the MELIA both are AWESOME hotels. For the nightlife DADEO's is probaly the most popular followed by LA BOOM, CHRISTINES . If you like REGGAE I would suggest CATS they have a live band. Most of these clubs have a NO cover charge on alternating nights. For fun places PLANET HOLLYWOOD, CORONA BEACH CLUB, SENOR FROGS and PAT O'BRIENS. For wastersports I suggest BORLEO it is located on the beach near the CAMINO REAL hotel, great people.

BEST TIP: Get a cab driver that you like, let him know what time you like to move around and have him meet you at your hotel. Once you develop a rapport with him ,he then inform you of MANY things happening in and around CANCUN.
Sep 15th, 1996, 01:20 PM
Jocelyn & Jacob Thank you very much for your info.
It will be of great help.

Search this Thread