First timer here on Fodors, but I found a topic recently addressing a similar concern, so I thought I would reach out for help. My fiancee and I are currently trying to plan our honeymoon, and are getting a little overwhelmed with all the options out there. We definitely want to stay in the caribbean, and after reading up and looking through some pictures, I have fallen in love with the British Virgin Islands (specifically Virgin Gorda). Here is where we are stuck, and where I would like to enlist some help, so let me first start by explaining kinda what we are looking for as well as our budget.
Ideally, we would like somewhere that offers both beautiful beaches where we can lounge, but also amazing day-trips where we can explore/ sight-see the wonders of the islands. This latter part led me to thoroughly consider Dominica, but it just did not have much in the way of a beach, so I got a veto from my fiancee. Recently, I have started considering the BVI b/c they have beautiful beaches, and there also seems to be some really cool places to check out (The Baths, Norman Island Caves, and probably tons of others); however, BVI tends to run a little pricey. After browsing the forum, I found a topic from a little while back about renting a private home/villa instead of doing a resort, and this seems like a great option for my fiancee and I since we both love to cook, really like to immerse ourselves in places we travel, and also are on a pretty tight budget.
So, our trip date is sometime between December 20 - January 4th, 2015 (1 week total somewhere in there).
Our budget is $5,000, including air-fare (out of Florida, so that should be reasonable).
I would love suggestions on either places in BVI that others have stayed at/ enjoyed that are within our budget, or maybe some other islands/resorts that could accommodate both of our travel musts, while staying within our budget. Again, this could be at a resort, or a private villa.
I appreciate any help anyone can offer!!! Thanks a million!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 शिकार BROTHER PRINTER 18OO:681 :72O8 CONTACT BROTHER Techh care
- 2 Gay Dublin Events
- 3 Gay Events Ireland
- 4 Over rated Ritz Carlton
- 5 Need help picking destination for April/May 2018
- 6 Immigration experience entering USA from Cuba non us citizen
- 7 bareboat sailing tips in bvi
- 8 Hilton Aruba
- 9 Jamaica Inn in late April
- 10 Jamaica or Dominican Republic?
- 11 Shuttle From Airport (Hewanora) to Bay Gardens Beach Resort In St. Lucia
- 12 Which Island to visit
- 13 Cuba solo mid December-need your help please
- 14 Romantic Barbados vacation
- 15 First week in April : NYC to beach, all inclusive
- 16 Want to buy cigars in Havana
- 17 Anyone go to Grace Bay TCI over Thanksgiving?
- 18 Taking Items to Cuba
- 19 Moving... Crohn's disease?
- 20 Bermuda Restaurants
- 21 Nevis Nice - Trip Report
- 22 Barbados: Turtle Beach vs. Bougainvillea
- 23 Christmas vacation
- 24 Spring Trip with 7 & 5 y/o
- 25 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?