Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   BUSHIRI BEACH RESORT - ARUBA (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/bushiri-beach-resort-aruba-22289/)

Steve Q Feb 27th, 1998 10:36 AM

BUSHIRI BEACH RESORT - ARUBA

On April 26th we will be traveling to the All-Inclusive Bushiri Beach resort in Aruba. While I've recieved some information on this resort, I could use some reassurance that it's a good resort for a thirtysomething couple. Please let me know anything and/or everything you can about Bushiri.

This will be our 1st time to Aruba...plus it is a surprise birthday gift for my wife. I just want to make sure it will be a happy one...and not a trip from hell. THANK YOU

Tom Finn Sep 29th, 1998 12:13 PM

We stayed at the Bushiri Beach Resort in <BR>1991. It has a hotel training school on <BR>the premises . The food and service was <BR>outstanding . Everything in the resort was well managed however the beach is just so so. We are visiting Aruba on <BR>4/4/99 as well . <BR>

Viviane Sep 29th, 1998 02:54 PM

Sorry about the negative note but I have say that this hotel did not impress me. <BR>I sent a customer to this hotel, earlier this year. She wasn't too impressed. As Tom said it, it is a school to train new personel for the hotel industry. There's always many people available to assist you but not always knowledgeable. She did'nt care either for the beach, from what I understand, it's in an area more industrial than touristic. The activities for children and teenagers were not available because no-one at the hotel was willing and knew how to organize them! The food was good but repeatitive, although plenty in quantity. The room was clean but just "ok", as she put it. On a positive note, she really liked to island and its people and would go back. I not longer recommend the Bushiri, since I too, now, feel as though the hotel failed to deliver what it promised on the many brochures I had researched. <BR>I you can, you might want to check into the Allegro (formely the Americana).

Viviane Sep 29th, 1998 02:55 PM

Sorry about the negative note but I have say that this hotel did not impress me. <BR>I sent a customer to this hotel, earlier this year. She wasn't too impressed. As Tom said it, it is a school to train new personel for the hotel industry. There's always many people available to assist you but not always knowledgeable. She did'nt care either for the beach, from what I understand, it's in an area more industrial than touristic. The activities for children and teenagers were not available because no-one at the hotel was willing and knew how to organize them! The food was good but repeatitive, although plenty in quantity. The room was clean but just "ok", as she put it. On a positive note, she really liked to island and its people and would go back. I not longer recommend the Bushiri, since I too, now, feel as though the hotel failed to deliver what it promised on the many brochures I had researched. <BR>I you can, you might want to check into the Allegro (formely the Americana).