Bruitsh Virgin Island/Virgin Gorda Help

Sep 28th, 2002, 05:05 PM
J Wilcix

Bruitsh Virgin Island/Virgin Gorda Help

My husband and I will be in Virgin Gorda in mid Octocber, staying at Little Dix. We'll be there 6 days. Any most dos other than The Baths? ANy particularly good places to Dive and Snorkle? What about any restaurant recommendations?

Thanks for your help.

J Wilcox

Sep 28th, 2002, 05:56 PM
Sandy

We were just in the BVI in July, on a bareboat charter. We were anchored in Savannah Bay in Virgin Gorda for three nights. The beach is fantastic, and snorkeling is some of the best we did the whole two weeks we were in the islands! The people for Little Dix will take you there in a launch and leave you there for as long as you wnat to stay -- then come back and get you, or you can take a taxi.

Another MUST DO thing on Virgin Gorda is dinner at Giorgio's. It's expensive, but if you can afford Littel Dix, you can afford Giorgio's. Be sure to reserve the corner table that looks out over the water. Get there early enough to see the sunset. Fabulous! Giorgio is a darling Italian man from Milan -- a charmer, for sure.

When you go to The Baths, keep in mind that all the tours from the cruise ships and from Tortola come in the morning. about 9:00, so the best time to go is in the late afternoon. It gets real quiet at about 4:00PM, and you feel like it's your own private paradise. Don't miss Devil's Bay -- a perfect crescent beach with crystalline water.

Sep 28th, 2002, 08:44 PM
GM

Have to agree with Sandy re: The Baths; the influx of tourists starts from 9am and don't leave til about after 2pm, and that includes little boats that come almost onto shore when it's posted NOT to do that (some folks just don't get it). After that it's paradise. And from the baths you can access Devil's Bay thru the treacherous (but for some folks adventurous) rock formations and caves. I don't recommend it - go the 'high road' passing over these. It is GORGEOUS in the BVI. Have fun.

Oct 6th, 2002, 01:22 PM
Tam

If you haven't already left for VG....

Chez Bamboo, Flying Iguana, and Olde Yard Inn are all good.

Oct 6th, 2002, 03:16 PM
Nancy

J,
I would also recommend day trips to Tortola (via the ferry and take a taxi to Smuggler's Beach - great snorkeling and incredibly beautiful), and Jost Van Dyke for partying/drinks at Foxy's.
Bomba's Shack on Tortola used to be a great experience, but has recently degenerated into a drunken boozefest in the last few years. (In my opinion, it's still a must-do if in the area, although some more strait-laced would disagree...)

Oct 6th, 2002, 03:45 PM
Tom

What is the age range of the people whoo go to Foxy's. Is it only a bar or food too?

Oct 6th, 2002, 05:43 PM
J Wilcox

No we havent left yet, we leave this Thursday - can't wait.

Thanks for everyones help.

J Wilcox

Oct 7th, 2002, 02:04 PM
anon

topping