Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Breezes Runaway Bay with my MOTHER!?!!! (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/breezes-runaway-bay-with-my-mother-150858/)

Daughter Jan 30th, 2002 05:28 AM

Breezes Runaway Bay with my MOTHER!?!!!

I just won a 5 day trip for two to Breezes Runaway in Jamaica including airfare, lucky me!!!! My mother recently retired (Thanksgiving) and my father is still working so she has a lot of free time. I was wondering if this resort would be appropriate for a mother/daughter trip as I was wanting to treat her in celebration of her retirement.<BR><BR>The only all-inclusiveswhich I have been to were both Sandals and I loved them but they were couples only. I'm not sure how wild Breezes would be. Is it a real party scene? I am 28 and Mom is 50. She doesn't drink and I do so only socially so we would not be partying. We both enjoy relaxing on the beach, snorkeling trips, and playing golf. <BR><BR>I would really like to treat Mom to a vacation, but is this resort appropriate? Should I jsut scrap the idea and go with one of my close friends?

Sandie Jan 30th, 2002 09:47 AM

I think you should take your mother - she would probably really enjoy it, and this would be a perfect opportunity to spend quality mother/daughter time together. Just sit on the beach, sightsee, relax and enjoy the time away. Just think how your mother would feel if you 'didn't invite her, knowing that she is now retired.

Topper Jan 30th, 2002 11:37 AM

ttt

Gwen Jan 30th, 2002 11:41 AM

Havent been to Runaway Bay, but have been to Bahamas Breezes. I think its fine to take your mom, its a fun place, but definately not a wild time. Put it this way, me and my 6 month pregnant sister went and we both had fun! There were alot of couples, but it didnt seem "romancy" like a Sandals feels, and there were singles, and a mother and daughter also. Lucky you - Go and enjoy!!

Davis Jan 30th, 2002 11:44 AM

Breezes RAB is a very nice property on a great beach. Take your mom.....you only have one. You'll not regret it.

daughter Jan 31st, 2002 05:17 AM

Anymore info on how wild the crowd is?

Melissa Jan 31st, 2002 05:29 AM

I just went to Breezes Runaway Bay with my boyfriend in November. I was great. There were people of all ages there, and it was not just for couples at all. There wern't that many people staying there when I was, but I could tell it attracted everyone. the wild people go to Hedinism, not breezes.

Troy Jan 31st, 2002 09:31 AM

My wife and I went to Breezes Runaway Bay 2 weeks ago. We had a fabulous time. Very relaxing, wonderful service and food. Do not hesitate to take your Mother. There is a wide mix of people. There are a few partiers but more of them were there to play golf or just relax. The wildest part was probably the Friday evening wet T-shirt contest (it was tame by most standards) by the beach bar. It is very easy to avoid anything your don't want to be a part of. It is a fairly large facility with many different areas. Take a good book and lots of suntan lotion, lay on the beach and enjoy. No worries.

Joyce Jan 31st, 2002 12:36 PM

I agree, you and your Mom will have a great time at Breezes Runaway.

Sadie Jan 31st, 2002 01:12 PM

My friend went there last year with his father for 5 days. They had a great time. He was 29 at the time. He hung with his Dad during the day and at meals and then partied later on his own.