Bougainvillea Beach Resort

Old Aug 12th, 2001, 07:08 AM
Deirdre

Bougainvillea Beach Resort

My husband and I are travelling to Barbados at the end of November, and we may stay at the Bougainvillea. I was wondering if anyone had any comments about this resort. i.e. - accomodations? Ocean front? pools? staff? food? location? etc. Or if anyone has any other recommendations about lodging on the South Coast. Thanks.

Old Aug 12th, 2001, 07:56 AM
Debbie

Deirdre-We stayed at BBR last year for a week-it was wonderful. Try doing a text search with Bougainvillea Beach Resort or Barbados as your key word-my observations, along with many other excellent posts can be found here.

Old Aug 29th, 2001, 01:41 PM
s. luciano

Just returned from the Bougainvillea and the place was a good value for the money. However, they are renovating the Sand Acre next door and the jack hammering continued from 8 to 5 every single day. It was not peaceful at all. Also, if you prefer not to have a lot of kids around, this is not the place for you. Check out the Sea Breeze down the street. Also be advised that the south coast is under heavy construction and it is a nuisance to get around.

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 06:30 AM
Cissy

S. Luciano: In your opinion, is the construction at Sand Acres going to take some time??? We're booked in at the Bougainvillea in early October? Thanks

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 04:19 PM
Karen

Stayed there a few years ago and loved it. It was one of the nicest resorts in the area. Barbados is on the older side. The west coast is recently being developed with all inclusive resorts. The Bougainvillea was clean, beautiful pool and landscaping.