We are going to Bonaire in February for 1 week. Our first time there.
Going as divers.
I'm assuming we don't have to stay specifically at a dive resort, but is that the best bet?
Do you have to pay an outfit to do the shore diving?
I'm sure much of the above I can research myself on.
My biggest concern and question is it looks like the only flight option for us from Miami is a flight that goes through Aruba with only a 1:50 minute layover in Aruba. I've read it's really hard to get through this airport and immigration and worried about us making the flight. Also our luggage, though I'm assuming the luggage will be with us as we'll have to uncheck it.
Insel Airlines, and I've heard not the best with rebooking, etc. Any advice on getting there is welcome, and advice on what to do if we don't make the connection.
I wish we could go through Curacau as I've heard it's easier! One thing we plan to do is depart and arrive on a Thursday as to avoid Aruba airport overload, but it will be high season so even on a weekday I'm assuming it could be trouble.
Thanks in advance for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 SBCGLOBAL 1800:681:7208 Password Reset Contact SBCGLOBAL Tec*h Supp0rt Care
- 2 Southern Caribbean Getaway Advice
- 3 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 4 Christmas vacation
- 5 Spring Trip with 7 & 5 y/o
- 6 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 7 NYE in Punta Cana
- 8 Chacchoben Ruins, The Real Thing?
- 9 Bicycle Ride in Ocho Rios
- 10 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 11 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 12 Abaco day trips
- 13 BEWARE of TU Bahamas Rentals
- 14 Caneel Bay in St. John?
- 15 Staniel Cay surrounds - end of year
- 16 Yoga & Surf vacation for my family
- 17 St Croix at Christmas with small children
- 18 Grand Cayman Beaches
- 19 Barbados Cruise to Airport
- 20 New EasyBreathe Snorkel Mask
- 21 sailing the Abacos
- 22 Grace Bay after hurricane
- 23 Private secluded Carribean Cottage
- 24 Advise for first timers to St.Lucia
- 25 1st time to Barbados
Bonaire where to stay and going through Aruba and Shore Diving