Boat rental on provo

Apr 30th, 2006, 08:27 AM
Original Poster

Boat rental on provo

Our best snorkeling vacation ever was when we went to St John and rented a boat; went everywhere and just snorkeled wherever. Are there any boat rentals on Provo that give
you a map and allow you to go on your own?
We are leaving May 6th for our 3rd trip; staying at Coral Gardens. Thanks in advance,
Sandy
May 1st, 2006, 08:19 PM

Great Question! Hope you get a response.
May 2nd, 2006, 07:05 AM

You might have better luck on trip advisor, Good local knowledge there. I would be interested in the answer as well.
May 2nd, 2006, 09:49 AM

hi sandy, don't you just love coral gardens. if you go out to leeward marina and go to the place on the far right looking from the parking lot towards the channel you can get a boat. they are 20'?, twin motor and have a cooler well in them. also bimini top as i recall. sorry i can't name the specific operator but you can't miss them. a french lady is usually in the office. another good snorkel adventure would be to find a dive or snorkel boat that will take you to malcolm road beach snorkeling. i doubt they will let you take the leeward marina boat that far...
May 2nd, 2006, 01:35 PM
cdt

When we were there 2 years ago we saw ads for small motorboat rentals - on St. John you rent "dinghies" while on Provo you rent "skiffs."

I'm sure you could set something up after you arrive. Might be info at wherewhenhow.com.
May 2nd, 2006, 05:02 PM
Original Poster

When we were in St. John we rented a 27' boat with a 200 hp engine from Nauti Nymphs. We were staying at the Westin and just docked it there for the week, took it out whenever we wanted, and brought it back whenever. It was our best vacation ever because we are true water babies and love to snorkel. (Would probably cost too much now in gas to do it, tho! Lol!)
Anyway, they gave us maps and we were able to go and snorkel at places we would never have reached otherwise!
Can anyone suggest good spots to go to if we do find a boat to rent? Thanks, Sandy
May 2nd, 2006, 05:40 PM
Original Poster

Virginia: Yes I love Coral Gardens; the location, to me, is the best of anywhere we've stayed in the Caribbean because of the shore snorkeling (and we've been to many, many islands over the last 18 years). Sounds like your recommendation might be just what we are looking for. Thanks so much, Sandy
May 2nd, 2006, 05:58 PM

I've known people to rent boats there, so I know it's possible. Sorry I've never done it myself, so I can't tell you companies.
Start with www.JBTours.com www.Silverdeep.com
Also look into Caicos dreams at the Alexandria, and there's a place at Ocean Club East where you might have some luck.
May 2nd, 2006, 06:17 PM
Original Poster

Thank you, Blamona; are there any certain places you recommend if we do find a boat to rent? Sandy
May 2nd, 2006, 06:27 PM

of course Sandy, Big Water Cay. Stunning beaches, you can snorkel for sand dollars, pretty much have it all to yourself. Cool small limestone "cliffs". You can snorkel on the reefs too. And even go all the way up towards North Caicos where the water keeps getting prettier and prettier. You can pass in front of the gorgeous houses of Parrot Cay, but you shouldn't really stop there. At the end of Grace Bay is Leeward Beach and Pelican Beach. There are tons of conch shells at Pelican.

Remember, Grace Bay Beach (most of it) is actually a national park, so you need to go up towards Big Water Cay.

Search this Thread