Search

windjammer cruises

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 06:26 AM
nancy

windjammer cruises

Has anyone ever been on a Windjammer cruise? If so, can you really "work" on the ship, or is it more like a cruise ship?

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 07:21 AM
D

YOu can help raise the sails every time you leave port. The captain will let you take over the helm for a bit, too, when you are out at sea and not near any other vesssels. <BR>It is the best cruise I have ever had---no real planned activities, no formalities, just a sailboat, some basic food, and a bar that closes whe the last person leaves...

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 11:26 AM
Cheri

I second D's opinion. We have been on 5 Windjammers now and really enjoy them. Any specific questions email me.

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 12:42 PM
nancy

thanks to both of your for your responses - it certainly sounds like something that I would like to do, not interested in going on another big cruise ship (too formal and organized), but my husband and I both love to be on the water

Old Feb 24th, 2001, 01:48 AM
Pam

If you're trying to get away from 'formal' and 'organized', take a Windjammer! Dressing for dinner means pulling on a clean T shirt, shoes are put on only when going to town, meals are simple and good - no ice sculptures here. Sail at night, different island every day. No phones, TV, newspapers or radio. Absolutely the most relaxing vacation you'll ever take. We're looking forward to trip #7 this year!

Old Feb 24th, 2001, 08:51 AM
nancy

That is absolutely what we are looking for. My husband and I don't dive (he can't swim) but we both love to snorkel. I have formal clothes that I had to buy for another cruise that I will probably never wear again and would much rather wear shorts and t-shirts (easier to pack too) Thanks again for the good info.

Old Feb 24th, 2001, 08:51 AM
nancy

That is absolutely what we are looking for. My husband and I don't dive (he can't swim) but we both love to snorkel. I have formal clothes that I had to buy for another cruise that I will probably never wear again and would much rather wear shorts and t-shirts (easier to pack too) Thanks again for the good info.