Birthday dinner in St John

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9th, 2004, 05:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband I will be in St John next week and I'm trying to decide where to go for my "birthday dinner". I'm hoping for beautiful outside ocean view and delicious food. Have seen mixed reviews on Asolare, Stone Terrace and Zozo's. Would appreciate any feedback! Best views? Best food? Thanks!
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 04:49 AM

I would pass on Asolare. We were disappointed after eating there. The view was nice as so was our waitress. But, it was VERY expensive. I don't mind paying $100pp when you figure in tax and tip as long as I walk away feeling like I just had an incredible dinner. We walked away disappointed and hungry. We will be trying out Stone Terrace on our next trip.
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 04:53 AM

I did go to Asolare and enjoyed it. The view was great as well as the service. True about the portions, this may be expected in St.John's. Good luck..I would take my husband there.
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 06:02 AM

Hi-

We ate at all of them while we were there. Zozo's was our favorite. We would have gone back again but just ran out of days.

Beautiful view and great food.

Enjoy.
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 06:32 AM

Hi,
I have eaten at all three of these restaurants. I found them all to be very good. Of the three you mention, I would choose ZoZo's for overall atmosphere and food. They just moved to the Gallow's Point location a few years back. You will enjoy a great sunset cocktail and a beautiful view of St. Thomas in the distance. The food is great and John the owner is a true restauranteaur! While the other restaurants have equally good food, you may enjoy the ZoZo location better. Expect that any fine dining you do on St. John will come with a substantial price tag. Consider, also Chateau Bordeaux... go around 4:30 or 5:00. The view is unmatched and it is a very nice intimate setting. Food is excellent.
So many great food choices on St. John.
Good luck and Happy Birthday!!
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 04:57 PM

Zozo's, hands down. I'd make the reservation early. We were staying at Gallow's and still had to wait four nights to get a reservation at a good time. It was worth waiting for though.