Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page > Bird Rock or Frigate Bay or Timothy Beach
Notices

Bird Rock or Frigate Bay or Timothy Beach

Jan 31st, 2002, 08:31 PM
Jason

Bird Rock or Frigate Bay or Timothy Beach

We are looking at St. Kitts for a honeymoon and we are having a tough time deciding between resorts. Bird Rock, Frigate Bay, and Timothy Beach all sound like nice resorts. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Jan 31st, 2002, 08:50 PM
Brad

Of the three you mention, I've only stayed at Frigate Bay, and it was pretty nice, but nothing fancy ... just around the corner from there is Horizons Villas, where I've stayed multiple times and really enjoyed... I've heard good things about Timothy (also right near Frigate Bay) but I haven't stayed there... and I know very little about Bird Rock, but I just am not hot on staying so close to downtown (which is where Bird Rock is).

However, I highly recommend staying in the Frigate Bay area (where Horizons Villas, Timothy and Frig. Bay Resort are) -- I think it's the most central located spot and close to so many great beaches. If being right on a beach is very important to you, then Timothy would be the best. But assuming you rent a car and travel to other beaches (which I highly recommend), then that or Horizons... or even Frigate Bay Resort would work ... if you stay in the Frigate Bay area, you are about a 5-10 minute drive (and an incredibly scenic drive at that) from many beautiful beaches -- some great for sand, others for calm water, others for very good snorkeling.

But regardless, you'll have a great time in St. Kitts... it's an amazing island -- very beautiful, great beaches, great restaurants and the nicest people in the Caribbean... let me know if you'd like more info.

Feb 1st, 2002, 06:51 AM
clem

Brad,

I thought I remember there being a golf course in the Frigate Bay area. It seems like years since I've heard it mentioned. I think it may have been part of the Jack Tar Village that is (was?) there. Is there a golf course on that end of St. Kitts now?

Feb 1st, 2002, 07:37 AM
Brad

The golf course is still there... walkable from Timothy, Frigate or Horizons -- but it is only 9 holes right now -- a new Marriot is under construction and Marriot is having the course renovated (it'll be an 18 and a 9 hole course) and the renovations won't be done until probably December, which is about the same time the Marriot is supposed to open. But I was there last month and played the course, albeit only 9 holes.

Search this Thread