biking on Paradise Island

Mar 10th, 2000, 11:51 AM
david

biking on Paradise Island

Anyone done any biking on Paradise Island -are there bike trails or too much traffic to enjoy biking. Thanks in advance.

Jun 30th, 2000, 08:27 PM
Keely

When we stay at the Ocean Club, my husband rents a bike every day and bikes down to Atlantis to use their gym. The roads are not too crowded at all, except during rush hours and lunch hours near the PI Bridge. You can bike all around the island, and while there are no bike paths per se (they only put in sidewalks 2 years ago), the roads are shady and pleasant. I've never biked all the way around to where the yoga retreat is, so I'm not sure about how it is there, but you can bike just about everywhere else on the island - down past the Ocean Club to the airport & golf club, over to Club Med, around to where the Holiday Inn is (or used to be). If you want to bike for hours at a time, you'll end up going round in circles because the island isn't all that big, but I think you'll enjoy it anyway.

Jul 1st, 2000, 06:43 AM
Robert

Bay Street is too crowded and the exhaust fumes will overpower you. I'd suggest to East Bay Street on New Providence, cycling past Montagu Bay by Fort Montagu. Take snorkel equipment with you, and plunge in the turquoise waters along the way, to refresh. When you hit McPherson's Bend, turn onto Prince Charles Avenue. Keep left and wear a helmut. Robert

Search this Thread