Better beaches - Bahamas or Turks & Caicos

Aug 4th, 2002, 02:41 PM
Katie

Better beaches - Bahamas or Turks & Caicos

Hi,
Which part of the Caribbean has better beaches? Bahamas or Turks & Caicos?

Thanks.

Jan 4th, 2003, 06:21 PM
Stacey

I have been to Nassau, Cancun, St. Thomas, and Turks & Caicos...I went to T&C in 1993 and was so mesmerized by the beaches and water I had to go back 10 years later to see if it was still the heaven I remembered and it was even better...the snorkeleing is amazing, i saw a nurse shark, huge grouper and so many other fish that I hardly came up to the surface. Make sure you go to the other end of the island away form the resorts....There are some amazing homes in Sapadillo Bay and the sand and water are just to die for...my favorite vacation so far both times I went.

Jan 4th, 2003, 06:30 PM
Joan

Katie,
To start with, neither the Bahamas nor, Turks & Caicos are in the Caribbean, both are in the Atlantic. The Bahamas are east of Florida and Turks & Caicos, south of the Bahamas.
The out islands of the Bahamas and Turks & Caicos both have gorgeous beaches. I have a preference for Turks & Caicos.

Jan 4th, 2003, 07:31 PM
Brian

Joan:
The Oxford Wprld Atlas says the T&C's are in the Caribbean (as do most other sources I've seen).

Katie:
In general the beaches on the T&C's are pretty much unbeatable. The out islands of the Bahamas have some nice beaches, but on the most inhabited islands, the Bahamian beaches aren't nearly as nice.

Jan 5th, 2003, 04:49 AM
Harald

For Danny, enjoy. And enjoy the beaches at T & C.

Jan 5th, 2003, 04:52 AM
xxx

I have never been quite sure if it is due to timing, but I have always been highly impressed with the beaches in Cancun. I was there in summer both times, and it was warm. Usually my trips to the Caribbean, have been Jan/Feb. I was never actually swimming in the water, with the exception of some snorkelling in T&C. Although the beach is pretty in T&C I actually prefer Cancun.