Reload this Page >

BEST WAY TO BOOK A TRIP TO PUNTA CANA

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 05:27 AM
SUZZANNE

I have narrowed my search to Punta Cana and would love to stay at the Paridisus or whatever great place I can find the best pirce. There are three Adults and two Kids so its important to have lots of kid stuff to do. <BR> I have called local travel agents and the prices are really outrageous. I have looked into Apple Vacations but they seem to only go through June and we are going at the end of July. Would anyone have any advice or suggestions on how to get a good deal? I would love some help! <BR>Thanks so much.......Suzzanne

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 06:36 AM
Parrot Mom

Try Vacation Outlet in Boston...they are going throughout the summer..it is a great value for your $$.. and we were at the Catalona Bavaro...excellent hotel.. For more information please write..prices should have gone down..

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 07:08 AM
rqf

Go to Debbie's board on the Dominican Repblic (http://www.debbiesdominicantravel.com/) and read the reviews on the Paridisus. YOu might find mention of the agency used by the person posting the review. I was at the Bavaro Palace in December. Prior to booking I read all reviews on the Palace.My recollection is a number of them did mention price paid and the travel agency used.

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 07:14 AM
karen

Suzzanne: I was at the Paradisus in Feb and booked with Apple vacations. I was surprised to hear they don't run through the summer. Where are you flying out of? ABC Tours out of NJ runs all year but they aren't using the Paradisus this year. They do use the Catalonia (which Parrot Mom raves about and she is a good resource).

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 07:16 AM
Kim

Try someone whom specilizes in these kind of vacations. Go to www.directionstvl.com they are great and help you alot. Ask for Cindy!

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 04:42 PM
suzzanne

Thanks for all the advice!! Parrotmom, do you have a web address for the place you suggested in Boston. We are in Albany, NY. <BR>ps......i have spent lots of time on the debbies site but you guys seem to be just as helpful!

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 04:48 PM
rqf

Club ABC tours mentioned in another reply has a website. You can check it out at http://www.clubabc.com/. There is a fee for joining - I think it is $35.

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 05:36 PM
Parrot Mom

Be very wary of ABC...met two women who traveled through them at a rate approximately double what we paid and to add insult to injury they charged them $200.00 each additional fuel tax... We paid $35.00 each...

Old Jun 7th, 2001, 08:21 AM
karen

ParrotMom: Wow! That's the first negative I've heard regarding ABC (except for being put on terminal hold). I've used them a few times and my parents and their friends have used them extensively (now retired and traveling constantly. It's amazing how experiences differ widely. They do have a $35 membership fee which is valid for 2 years. Otherwise, we've only ever paid what was stated in the brochure.

Old Jun 7th, 2001, 04:50 PM
Parrot Mom

Only know that we met the two ladies who used ABC and was shocked at what they paid.. We use Vacation Outlet from Boston and they have good last minute deals and/or sales...We NEVER EVER pay full brochure price... In August/September charter destinations from this area are announced..there is a sale in November and that's when we book.. If your interested in last minute they have last minute deals too.. There are people who pay full price for cruises too LOL..

Old Jun 8th, 2001, 05:53 AM
Misty

Suzzanne, <BR> <BR>You might want to try Vacation Express. <BR>They have charter jets that departfrom several airports. They offer a big variey of different hotels, many of which are inclusives. <BR>We got a vacation package which included <BR>our airfare and stay at an all inclusive <BR>hotel in Cancun from Vacation Express 3 <BR>years ago. Very nice and I thought very <BR>reasonable. All our meals, beverages were included in the price. Their web <BR>site is www.vacationexpress.com. They <BR>also have their packages available through travel agencies. <BR>

Old Jun 8th, 2001, 06:01 AM
Misty

Suzanne, <BR> <BR>I guess I should have checked Vacation <BR>Express's website before replying. It <BR>appears that they only fly out of <BR>Atlanta or Louisville for Punta Cana.