Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page > Best 'value' for luxury beach resort for around $550/night per couple with food?/

Best 'value' for luxury beach resort for around $550/night per couple with food?/

Jun 4th, 2002, 04:46 AM
mary

Best 'value' for luxury beach resort for around $550/night per couple with food?/

We have been to Cuisinart Resort in Anguilla 2 times, (we love it) I think it is an excellent value, in that the location is wonderful, beaches excelelnt, resort beautiful, yetits only around $550/night with your hotel/meals etc....

We are looking to take a 1 week trip somewhere that will be equally as good.....Does anyone out there have any suggestions?

I am considering Peter Island Resort, Point Grace (T&C) Petit St. VIncent in the GRenadines.....

ANy other suggestions in this price range?

Thanks!

Jun 4th, 2002, 06:16 AM
roni

mary: don't think Point Grace will fit into your category of only $550/night with meals. Rooms are 400 and food/drinks on Provo are very expensive.

Jun 4th, 2002, 06:41 AM
Brian

Grace Bay has outstanding summer specials.
1200 sq ft 1 BR suite for $1300 for 3 nights including 2 dinners and 3 breakfasts.
This was the 2nd highest rated resort in the Caribbean (room quality) in the last CN Traveller poll.
Talcum powder white beaches, only 21 suites on site, most all face the water, extremely exclusive with outstanding service.

Jun 4th, 2002, 08:51 AM
Delegator

I'd also suggest looking at Biras Creek on Virgin Gorda. Much different than Cuisinart (smaller, less posh) but still sounds wonderful. The room rate off season is $615 I believe, including breakfast and dinner, but there is a week package at $3100 or so.

I have friends going to Cap Jaluca in that price range too. That seems more similar to Cuisinart.

Finally, I'd suggest you look at Scubamom.com. I found her overviews of the resorts to be incredibly informative. Note that she is the web designer for many of them. However, she is very detailed, provides wonderful pictures and is a great starting source. Additionally, she sells really cute t-shirts!

Good luck.

Jun 4th, 2002, 09:19 AM
Lauren

Royal St. Lucian--St. Lucia, Eden Rock-- St. Barts or Hotel Guanahani--St. Barts.

Jun 11th, 2002, 04:56 AM
Howard

Mary--We have been to Anguilla 12 times and stay at Frangipani. If you like Anguilla you'll love Provo. We have also been to Provo 12 times and the last 7 stayed at Coral Gardens, most recently April and june of this year. Go to www.debbiescaribbeanresortreviews.com and click on Turks and Caicos and reviews. I have a review with restaurant recommendations on that site. You can get a one bedroom condo (1000 sq ft.) for about $250/night. They are corrently running a promotion, Stay 7 nights pay for six. You will have plenty left over for a rental car and meals. Feel free to E-mail me for more info---

Jun 11th, 2002, 05:11 AM
Chris

Try Le Meridan or La Sammana in St. Martin. They may be a little steeper, but well worth it.

Jul 12th, 2002, 05:34 AM
Heather

I can highly recommend Petit St. Vincent. My husband and I were there in May of '01 and it was wonderful. Good price in summer too. Food was excellent, service very good, cottages very nice - although the birds were super early risers! The snorkeling is ok, but not the best. Take a day trip to the Tobago Cays for that. Definitely check out scubamom.com for her reviews. She's the reason we went in the first place!

Jul 12th, 2002, 09:01 AM
jam-man

Mary,

Take a look at the Jamaica Inn in Ocho Rios, Jamaica.
If you work the deal through Air Jamaica, you may even be able to get yor airfare in for less than the $550 night rate you've set.

Jul 12th, 2002, 04:57 PM
Wilson

We have stayed at Petit St. Vincent four times and it is paradise. We highly recommend it. Request a beach cottage with the two baths (Cottages #6,7, 8, 9 and 10 (I think). The resort can confirm. If you want to try Anguilla, take a look at the summer package at Malliouhana.

For comparison, we have stayed at many of the nicest places in the Caribbean - Little Dix Bay, Peter Island, Cap Jaluca, Jumby Bay, Carambola (now a timeshare on St. Croix, Four Seasons Nevis, etc.

Try www.luxurylink.com to see if they have any "Best Shot Auctions" for Petit St. Vincent. I have seen those posted several times this year and that is less expensive than the summer package.

Search this Thread