Search

best time of year

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 08:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
best time of year

I have been to St. John and loved it but didn't care for the expense. Is Bermuda any more reasonable? I know the water isn't as warm so what is my time frame of water sports there? Is there any good snorkeling to be had? Lastly, how welcoming are the people to Americans?
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 09:12 AM

Bermuda is not cheap & their weather tends to mirror that of the Carolinas (they are on the same parallel) so I would expect you would want to visit May-Oct.
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 09:22 AM

Bermuda is wonderful. The best time to enjoy water sports there is mid-June through late Sept. The best snorkeling is at Church Bay and Tobacco Bay. The people are extremely welcoming to all visitors. The country is known for its hospitality and graciousness.

You can save a great deal by renting from www.bermudarentals.com or www.bermudagetaway.com These sites offer rental homes or apartments which are tax exempt and often for which there is no service charge. The kitchen facilities in most also give you some money saving opportunities.

If you prefer to have a more hotel like accomodation, Clairfont Apartments and Sandpiper Apartments are reasonably priced.

Check www.bermudatourism.com for specials.

I love Bermuda and hope you will enjoy a visit there. It is another world.
Old Jan 24th, 2009, 04:45 AM

Bermuda is a magical place like no other. The island is very welcoming to Americans. It is,however, one of the more expensive islands.
Old Jan 24th, 2009, 06:14 AM

evcove- you don't say especially what you loved about St. John (the beaches, restaurants, scenery, hiking, or whatever) but if you loved the "look" of St. John, the beaches and the snorkeling, want to spend less money and don't need shopping or alot of nightlife, you might read about the Puerto Rican islands of Culebra and Vieques which are only a matter of miles to the west of St. Thomas and have very similar topography (people call them the "Spanish Virgins&quot. We got married on St. John and I love it but we spent much less for accommodations and eating out on Culebra. Just a thought...