Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page > Best St. John secluded beach, honeymoon week & snorkel & kayak
Notices

Best St. John secluded beach, honeymoon week & snorkel & kayak

Feb 26th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Original Poster

Best St. John secluded beach, honeymoon week & snorkel & kayak

Hi community!

I wonder... What are the top beaches a honeymoon couple could find themselves alone on St. John Virgin Island during our week in June? We plan to mainly enjoy the amenities of our nice villa, but I'd like to know what beach to head to when we go (seems to be so many options). And I'm not sure if secluded beach proximity should influence WHERE I choose the villa (ex: Bordeaux Mountain vs Ajax Peak vs Mamey Peak vs Gift Hill), as I don't mind driving 20 min. for our rare trip out.

Also, we'd like to snorkel and kayak once during our stay, if it is easy and not too scary. Where is best?

Your responses are so helpful to planning our special trip! Thanks!
Feb 26th, 2012, 09:31 PM

Just so you know, all the beaches are public. the best isolated ones are found by boat, but since VI is huge sailing grounds, you might not be alone for long.
Feb 27th, 2012, 12:06 PM

You won't find yourself alone on any beach in St John, but in June some will be uncrowded. Obvioulsy, all the beaches that have signage (Hawksnest, Cinnamon, Jumbie, Trunk, Maho, etc) will be the most popular. Beaches that lack highway signs (Salomon, Honeymoon, Gibney, Dennis, Little Cinnamon, Francis, etc) might be less crowded (but maybe not, since some of them are much smaller beaches too).
Feb 27th, 2012, 12:08 PM

Instead of kayaking you might consider a dinghy day - you'll see more. It's pretty fun. You rent them from Noah's Little Arks. We like the ones you can beach. (Just be careful not to wander into BVI waters because you have to go through customs first.)

Search this Thread