Best Resort with 14 yo and 11 yo boys

Oct 30th, 2009, 06:55 AM
Original Poster

Best Resort with 14 yo and 11 yo boys

I am agonizing about where to go for a few days in December with my husband and two sons. We are only going for five days, so we are hoping for a one stop flight from Rochester, NY. Our goals is warm weather, relaxation, and hopefully some activities the boys will like and where they are able to entertain themselves a little bit.

But my husband and I are sort of picky - - and really would like above average food to be part of the deal. I've only gone to a couple of all inclusives, but am never too excited about the food - - but they seem to have the most fun things for the kids.

Our boys would like:
- hot weather
- a really great pool (slide would be very, very helpful_
- a good beach (waves would be nice)
- food options for them (typical teenage boy eating habits . . .lol)

We would like:
- hot weather
- a reasonable plane flight
- to spend less than $600 per night for the four of us
- beautiful beach
- fitness center
- lower crowds

Any suggestions on specific resorts to look at?? So far, the Aruba Hyatt has most caught my eye . . .
Oct 30th, 2009, 07:33 AM

Actually, I was going to suggest the Marriott Aruba Ocean and Surf Clubs rather than the Hyatt. I think there's more there for kids and teens (we took our children when they were 7 and 12). It is three resorts in one (the Marriott Hotel and the Marriott Ocean and Surf Clubs which are the condo resorts. You can get a one or two bedroom condo with kitchen facilities and it is great for families and should be within your price range. I would never recommend AI in Aruba as there are too many good food options and also familiar options for kids/teens (Outback Steakhouse, etc.) There are water slides, a river pool, watersports, etc., plenty to keep them busy. And it will be nice and warm.
Oct 30th, 2009, 07:39 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much, Eileen, for the guidance. I will look into that for sure! I really, really appreciate it.

The other resorts I have on my "maybe" list is Iberostar Lindo (mexico) and maybe the Westin on Grand Cayman. But honestly, if I can find water slides and a nice beach, I think I'll be good to go.

Search this Thread