Best Resort in Caymans???

May 22nd, 2002, 12:22 PM
Bud

Best Resort in Caymans???

OK, Which resort is the best at this point in the Caymans?

May 22nd, 2002, 03:18 PM
Sandy

Bud,
If I had to stay in a hotel on Grand Cayman, I guess it would be the Westin. The Ritz isn't built yet. But on GC the best way to go is a condo. There are two AI's on GC, neither I would consider. Depending on what kind of vacation your looking for, would determine the accomodations. If you would post a little more info as to what you want, then maybe someone could help you more.
Sandy

May 22nd, 2002, 05:09 PM
t

Sandy got it right...I stayed at the Westin in January and liked it...very costy though...a condo would have been nice and some of the high end ones are at the same price...so a better value...if I had to go lower budget and wanted a hotel...I would look at the Holiday Inn or Morrits...skip Marriott and Hyatt...not worth it...same price as Westin and much less value...Hyatt is like a cruise ship without the charm and the Marriott has no beach!

May 23rd, 2002, 06:29 AM
cayman420

Go with a condo, it's really the best value. The major hotels are always so cramped. Check out www.caymanvillas.com
lot's of pictures, prices and condo layouts.

May 23rd, 2002, 09:11 AM
SPAM ALERT

Hey cayman420, have you ever heard of the word SPAM??? You may want to check into it.

May 23rd, 2002, 10:30 AM
cayman420

what do you mean spammed?

May 23rd, 2002, 10:32 AM
cayman420

are you refering to the fact that I put a valid and real website to look into?
If so, spare me. Other than that I really do not know what you mean.

May 23rd, 2002, 10:49 AM
Lisa

We stayed at the Westin 2 years ago, in September. It has the largest beach area and was not crowded at all. Our room was on the first floor and we walked out the door onto the sand beach.

May 23rd, 2002, 06:48 PM
Leigh

Cayman420 I think they either meant that you shouldn't give your email address or that website possibly sends spam to your email/computer. I don't think it was an attack on you.

May 24th, 2002, 09:12 AM
Bud

Thanks for the replies. I stayed at the Marriott in Nassau and was VERY disappointed. Place needed a major renovation. I had other feedback a while back indicating the Westin was the best resort on GC. Since my recent trip to Aruba, I am looking at beachfront condos and cottages on other islands. Don't like AIs. How about dining and other activities?

May 24th, 2002, 09:56 PM
Margaret

I'm also planning to go to GC w/ my bf for scuba diving in July and now doing some research about the accommodation. Discovery Point Club, Treasure Island Resort, George Town Villas and Plantana Condominiums look nice on the web, Any comment on them? Many thanks.

May 25th, 2002, 12:53 AM
Alan

Bud, the rooms at the Westin will surely disappoint you as they are rather smallish and not very luxurious at all! Be PATIENT and WAIT awhile longer for the Ritz-Carlton as I'm sure it will be worth it! I am!!

May 25th, 2002, 05:39 PM
zoe

Margaret, We are going to GC soon and staying @DPoint Club. Beach is supposed to be about the best on GC and snorkeling right off beach. Great value for jacuzzi, two tennis courts, nice pool on beach; screened in porch, and one of best snorkeling spots on island right up the beach. A less crowded part of 7mi. beach. Ill post when I get bk. mid June