turks and caicos vs. barbados

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22nd, 2009, 06:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

has anyone been to both of these places? i was wondering how they compared to one another- especially almond beach village vs. beaches turks and caicos. i was also wondering about the golf on turks, and how far away it is from beaches turks, and prices.

thanks all!
Old Jun 22nd, 2009, 06:36 AM

I've been to both (Barbados & Turks) and really love both locations. Barbados is much more lush and green, where Turks & Caicos is all about the most gorgous beach you will ever see in your life! Both Almond Beach Village and Beaches are good if you are traveling with children (you didn't mention who you are traveling with). If you are going with adults only, you may want to rethink hotels. Here's the link to the Provo Golf & Country Club - so you can check out their rates, etc. http://www.provogolfclub.com/.
Old Jun 22nd, 2009, 08:27 AM

We've been to Barbados, but not T&C. The things I can share is that Barbados has wonderful restaurants, including Oistens Fish Fry.
There is an area called "The Gap" that is a rather lively area. There are a number of bars that both the locals and the tourists go to.
The beaches are awesome.
I know the green fees at Almond Beach Village golf course are included in the A/I pricing, but I really do not recommend an A/I in Barabdos as I feel you miss out on too much.
Old Jun 22nd, 2009, 01:23 PM

Ive been to both. Barbados is much more established than T&C so there is more variety to your activities. There are also many areas to beach it whether you want waves or calm waters.

Provo is nice, but personally, I like Bds better!

Can't comment on your choice of hotels as we never do all inclusive in Bds. There are many great restaurants and bars. In Bds we love Southern Palms. We def. stay there again.

In Provo we stayed at Ocean Club and I would def. stay there again.

Peace, Greenie
Old Jun 22nd, 2009, 01:40 PM

provo golf about 10 min drive from beaches club.