Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Best place to stay on Grand Anse Beach with 2 teens (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/best-place-to-stay-on-grand-anse-beach-with-2-teens-892308/)

awayfromitall May 25th, 2011 08:28 AM

Best place to stay on Grand Anse Beach with 2 teens

Started looking through all the hotels and I'm finding it hard to narrow down. The True Blue Bay Resort, which is not on Grand Anse looks awesome...but we really want a beach. And Grand Anse might be more lively for our teens. That said, can anyone recommend someplace they've stayed on Grand Anse Beach. Requirements for July timeframe:

- Pool
- would love to have a suite with 3 beds, balcony, sitting area
- kitchen not necessary
- max $3000 for 7 days

Callaloo May 25th, 2011 09:35 AM

Having stayed on both Grand Anse Beach (at the Grenada Grand) and at True Blue Bay, I can tell you that when I stayed at True Blue, I didn't miss the beach (and I am a major beach lover, so this is a big admission!). True Blue simply has one of the loveliest settings in Grenada, so if it turns out that this is what fits your budget, you'll be fine.

That said, Grand Anse is a bit livelier and has the beach. I wasn't enamored of the Grenada Grand, but it has a restaurant and a fantasy pool, as well as being right on the beach. Though I haven't stayed there, I've heard good things about The Flamboyant, though it is up a steep hill from the beach (which shouldn't be a problem for your teens). Another plus from the Flamboyant is that it straddles the ridge separating Grand Anse from Morne Rouge, a beach I consider more attractive than Grand Anse.

Another area to consider is L'anse Aux Epines, though I'm not familiar with the lodging in that area, having only stayed there on a boat. Nice beach, plenty of restaurants.

allisonjames May 25th, 2011 11:15 AM

Hi, you might want to check out Mount Cinnamon -- they have condo style accomodations and although it is up on a hill (great views), it has direct access to Grand Anse and a nice beach club right on the beach. I visited Grenada in March on a cruise stop and walked the entire length of Grand Anse, I thought if I ever visited with my teens Mt. Cinnamon would be where I would stay.

qwovadis May 26th, 2011 02:45 AM

calabashhotel.com

Never fails to please me

good vibe location.

TripAdvertizer for reviews #1 ranked

careful though many touts fake reviews over there.

awayfromitall May 26th, 2011 01:04 PM

allisonjames, thanks so much for the tip on Mount Cinnamon. It looks awesome and turns out that they have great deals in July that fit my budget!

allisonjames May 26th, 2011 04:32 PM

I am so happy I could help! You and your teens should have a great time -- water sports, the craft market, beach restaurants, Grand Anse seems to have it all!

ejcrowe May 27th, 2011 06:07 PM

I would think teens would prefer to stay on Grand Anse. Glad that allisonjames' recommendation of Mount Cinnamon works for you. Just be aware that they have the same steep walk uphill to the rooms from the beach that neighboring (and less expensive) Flamboyant does.