Search

Best Place to Stay in St. Lucia for Honeymoon

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22nd, 2018, 08:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Place to Stay in St. Lucia for Honeymoon

Hello!

We have chosen St. Lucia as our honeymoon spot for June 2019. There are so many options on where to stay there that it is overwhelming. After some research, I think we would like to stay around Soufriere. We prefer seclusion and would like to be on the beach or as close as possible, I think, rather than being in the mountain area. We would like to stay 5 or 6 nights and need to stay under $10,000, but would prefer to stay around $6,500-$8,000 with airfare included. Thanks so much for any help!
Old Jun 22nd, 2018, 09:25 AM

I really like Anse Chastanet.

Booking Information | Anse Chastanet Resort | St Lucia Resorts

The beach is gorgeous, the sea is clear and there is snorkelling right off the beach. It is secluded.
Old Jun 22nd, 2018, 11:36 AM
Original Poster

Thank you, Odin! Random question- should I be concerned about hurricanes in mid-June?
Old Jun 22nd, 2018, 12:35 PM

I would not be, most hurricanes occur later in August, Sept or Oct, if they are going to happen.
Old Jun 23rd, 2018, 10:51 AM
Original Poster

Great to know! So sorry to ask so many questions, but you have been so helpful! Have you ever stayed at Ti Kaye? That's the only other one we are looking at currently and struggling with the decision. My only worry is it seems to have a small beach area, but seems to be very secluded and hopefully not too busy with boat tours in June. Is Anse Chastanet hands down better?

Thank you so much!
Old Jun 23rd, 2018, 12:23 PM

None of the three each resorts in the Soufriere area gets boat tours, so I'm not sure what you are asking there. Anse Chastanet, the Viceroy (my personal favorite), and Ti Kaye (which is not really close to Soufriere) are all pretty secluded. The only issue with Anse Chastanet is that it doesn't have a/c if that matters to you. The very upscale option adjacent to Anse Chastanet is Jade Mountain (shares the same beaches), but also no a/c. I find the beach at Ti Kaye by far the inferior of the three. The beach at Anse Chastanet is beautiful but with rather coarse brown sand, not soft white sand. The beach at the Viceroy is softer but manmade (though I don't believe it suffers from that).
Old Jun 23rd, 2018, 12:28 PM
Original Poster

Hello!

Thanks so much for your reply. I've read on several reviews and sites that there are a lot of boat tours that come to Anse Cochon Cove. There are certain rooms at Anse Chastanet that have A/C (beach deluxe) and those are the kind we would stay in I've read that Sugar Beach gets very crowded and is not a good area for snorkeling so that is why I marked that resort off my list. Has that not been your experience there? I don't care very much about the kind of sand at the beach, if that is the reason you prefer it.

Last edited by leannawalker; Jun 23rd, 2018 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Posted too soon
Old Jun 23rd, 2018, 02:07 PM

I didn’t think the sand at Anse Chastenet was coarse, it was beautiful and sparkled in the sun. It is a rustic resort, secluded & not to everyone’s taste. The sea there is beautiful too.
I have not stayed at Ti Kaye but went for drinks & dinner. It’s a beautiful place, again, secluded and the beach below was very nice, good enough for me. It’s a great snorkelling beach too with a dive centre. Some excursions by boat go to Anse Cochon because it’s so good for snorkelling. There are many steps down to the beach. We rented a car as it’s seclusion was not an issue for us. The food was very good, extensive wine list too.
Old Jun 23rd, 2018, 02:12 PM
Original Poster

That does not make my decision easier 😄 but great to know that you enjoyed both beaches. I know I will love it regardless of which I choose. Just hoping to pick the one I will enjoy most as I don’t get to travel to exotic places frequently. I think the larger beach and access to a second beach at Anse Chastanet may make it better for us than Ti Kaye. I will just have to research both beach areas a little more. Thanks so much again! Very helpful!
Old Jun 24th, 2018, 01:03 PM

leanna: See my response on your other thread. I don't think that the beaches are the biggest attraction on St Lucia, but then I live in an area that has great beaches. LOL
Old Jun 24th, 2018, 01:08 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for the information! We do want to be able to lounge on the beach more than being active, honestly, so the beach is important to us We do want to do other activities some, but majority of the time we are wanting to lounge after all the wedding craziness. We don’t live near a beach.
Old Jun 26th, 2018, 03:17 PM

Okay. I had the idea that the mountains were more important to you. Mountainous islands don't have the same quality beaches as flat ones. I do hope you will get off the beach and explore St Lucia a bit. It is very unique. And congrats/best wishes to you two...
Old Jun 27th, 2018, 12:36 PM

There are several mountainous islands that have wonderful beaches. Grand Anse in Grenada is as beautiful as any white sand beach anywhere. St Lucia has Reduit Beach in the north for those who can't cope with anything less than white sand and clear water. The sand is beige. Martinique has one of the most beautiful beaches I've been to, Les Salines. Guadeloupe has many white sand beaches. Grand Case in St Martin, La Samanna in St Martin, St Jean in St Barths, Pigeon Point in Tobago and many more.
Old Jul 27th, 2018, 11:05 AM

Here is another approach for you. Stay in the Rodney Bay area in the north where you can relax and enjoy Reduit Beach, St. Lucia's best. When you so desire, take tours to the stunningly beautiful Soufriere area with UNESCO's World heritage Pitons, volcano and the award winning botanical gardens there. I think that you will have a much more enjoyable time taking this approach than by what you currently plan. There is some snorkeling at the southern end of Reduit Beach but it could be considered as an introduction to the activity. If you wish spectacular underwater experiences, you can make a day trip to Anse Chastanet rather than stay there. There is considerably much more to do in the north, if you wish, especially excellent restaurants such as the outstanding Spice of India in Rodney Bay Village.

I make this recommendation to you as someone born in St. Lucia. Although I now live in Canada, I visit and stay in my condo on Reduit Beach regularly. I have also traveled the world extensively.

At least consider this alternative. You will not regret it.
Old Jul 27th, 2018, 11:08 AM

I forgot to point out to you that where you propose to stay is in fact the most mountainous area of St. Lucia as you indicated you would rather not stay in the mountain area.
Old Aug 14th, 2018, 09:07 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your suggestions! Do you find that Reduit Beach gets crowded? Are there any resorts in particular that you would recommend in that area?
Old Aug 14th, 2018, 11:22 PM

Reduit Beach doesn’t get crowded in June, it might be crowded at Xmas or Easter but that’s about it.
You wanted seclusion however and it is not secluded. Rodney Bay is a happening place with lots of bars & restaurants, look at Royal St Lucia Resort, it has a great location by Reduit Beach.
The secluded areas in St Lucia tend to be in the mountainous areas where you didn’t want to be, with the exception of TI Kaye, maybe Cap Estate as well. Rendezvous Bay might work too or Windjammer, you don’t have to be in the thick of things in Rodney Bay. Personally I would prefer the seclusion of Ti Kaye and have a rental car. The beauty of St Lucia lies in the mountainous areas eg the Pitons, Soufriere etc and it’s quite a distance from north to south.

Last edited by Odin; Aug 14th, 2018 at 11:25 PM.
Old Aug 15th, 2018, 05:50 AM
Original Poster

Okay great to know. I think I’ll stick with Soufriere. I’ve been pretty set on Anse Chastanet so that is likely where we will go. Just a little nervous about the road to get there Ti Kaye was my other choice, but I think the beaches at and near Anse Chastanet make it the winner because there are two options and they aren’t so small. When I said I didn’t want to be in a “mountain” area, I meant up high in the mountains rather than on the beach (like Ladera). Sorry if that was confusing to anyone!
Old Aug 15th, 2018, 08:50 AM
Original Poster

Odin,

Sorry I am so terribly indecisive. Do you have any input on the Ladera Resort? I know it is high off the beach, but my fiancé loves the views and the in room pools. My choice is still Anse, but he wanted me to check on Ladera.
Old Aug 18th, 2018, 07:31 AM

leanna: I think Odin and I are on the same page. The beauty of St Lucia lies in the mountains. Ladera is next door to https://www.fonddouxresort.com/. I have had dinner there- beautiful views. If you want beaches, I still say, there are other, better islands.