Reload this Page >

Best place to stay in JAMAICA

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 02:21 PM
mike

I want to go to Jamaica. I have heard Gran Lido Negril and Grand Lido San Souci are wonderful. Which is the best for fum, beaches, and nightlife?<BR><BR>Do you recommend staying elsewhere??

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 03:06 PM
John

We were just at the Wyndham Rose Hall resort near Montego Bay. This was a great resort with an awesome water park.

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 03:06 PM
Penney

We have only been to GL Negril but if you are looking for nightlife, you might want to look else wheres. It is a top rated resort but alot quieter and more laid back then other Jamaica resorts. San Souci, from my understanding is even quieter. GLn Braco, however is more lively. Negril is known for its beaches, which are beautiful but you might want to look into GL Braco for more action.

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 08:12 PM
joyce

For Activity and night life choose Grand Lido Braco.

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 02:06 AM
Melissa

I have seen Braco, and it was my favorite of the three Lido's. (I was on a travel agent FAM trip, where we inspected 15 hotels) Negril did have the best beach, we spent 2 nights at Beaches Negril and one of the best beaches I have ever seen. A few months ago we stayed at Breezes Runaway Bay, which is not that far from Braco, and the Beach was not quite as good, but we still enjoyed it. If you are looking for upscale and inclusive, and want to go with a Lido, I would recommend Braco.

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 05:17 AM
Lorraine

Ritz Carlton Rose Hall

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 06:37 AM
troy

been to braco.......and i would highly recommend it...great food..nightlife..parties..pools....service..we are planning to return in june of this year...

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 12:49 PM
jen

Sandals Negril is wonderful as well!!

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 09:43 AM
pat

Ritz Carton hands down!!! They also offer a meal plan now. It is not an all-inclusive if this is what you want. Try lebeachclub.com...select master list for a list of all-inclusives in Jamaica & other places-raed their definition of all-inclusive first. <BR><BR>Skip the Wyndham unless you love kids; it is a great place for families especially the water park. <BR><BR>Half Moon Bay looked nice (I think it is all-inclusive), but was too big for my taste. You need a shuttle to get anywhere at this resort. The food was okay, but a lot of their restaurants are for outside eating with fans, no A/C. I tried it, but it was too hot in june for me to eat outside. <BR><BR>Take bug repellant for evening.

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 09:53 AM
pat

I goofed. Last summer the Ritz did not have an all-inclusive plan. It does now. Check their website ritzcarlton.com (rose hall, jamaica).

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 02:51 PM
tivertonhouse

At the luxe level of Grand Lido's, with a lot less marble and a lot more real Jamaican style, see Chris Blackwell's/Island Outpost is the Web site STRAWBERRY HILL with Aveda spa and superb food/privacy, in Irish Town in the foothills of the Blue Mts;GOLDENEYE at Orcabessa and THE CAVES in Negril; on a more international standard, the classic ROUND HILL (rent a villa there,tho) outside MoBay and JAMAICA INN in Ocho Rios as well as the new Ritz outside MoBay are all superlative choices more than a few notches up the scale than Lidos...