Best island to visit during early August

Old Feb 13th, 2001, 12:45 PM
Helen

Best island to visit during early August

Hi fellow travellers.

I am planning a Carribean vacation during early August of this year and wanted some advise on the best island (weather wise) to go from NYC???

Old Feb 13th, 2001, 01:06 PM
Lisa

I would vote for Aruba. It's well south of the hurricane zone, great beaches, awesome restaurants and a non-stop flight from NYC. See www.travelunlimited.com for package rates.

Old Feb 13th, 2001, 02:17 PM
Shawna

I too would pick Aruba. We were there last August for 10 days (flew out of JFK nonstop) and had a great time!! The weather was perfect - a little windy, but it was still nice. We rented a jeep and explored the island. It was a great trip!! Have fun wherever you decide!!

Old Feb 13th, 2001, 04:13 PM
Cowboy Charley

Aruba might be a little hot and windy in August. It's a desert anyway. Come to the cool beautiful green mountain valleys of Idaho where there will be no threat at all of hurricanes. Not many beaches but there are some real nice pools!

Old Feb 16th, 2001, 11:52 AM
Jeff

I just came back from the Grand Caymanian Resort (5 star) in Grand Cayman and loved it! If you are considering the Caribbean for Travel, this is the place to stay! Some amenities are Kitchen, Washer/Dryer, Pool, Beach, Dock, Dive Shop, Restaurant, Free Shuttle, plus more… I actually am willing to talk to you regarding this resort and can offer availability at a discounted rate ($800-$2000/week). To see more info on this resort visit: http://www.anetdiscount.com/cayman, Please call Jeff (570) 374-3482

Old Feb 17th, 2001, 04:20 AM
Jack

Helen, it's going to be hot everywhere in the region in August so I assume you're asking about storms? My advice is pick an island that intrigues you & roll the dice. Not downplaying the seriousness of a big storm, but chances are the weather will be great on any given week on any given island. Aruba may be out of the belt but it's sure gonna be crowded with people who want a sure thing.

Idaho????????? LOL! Thanks for the laugh, Cowboy.

Jeff, get a life, man. Don't you realize you're doing yourself more harm than good? Time to pull up stakes & skeedaddle.